Frontman 15G review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Fender: Frontman 15G

Price paid: A$ 150

Purchased from: a mate

I either play this with a Gibson Les Paul Studio, or a Gibson Les Paul Custom with EMG 81/85, as these are the guitars I keep at home. I play a bit of everything and this amp does alright. I don't expect to sound awesome because its a practise amp. I have a 5w Epiphone tube amp that I could use for practice but the Fender is more practical and does the trick at home.

Overall, I am happy with this amp. It does everything I want from it and doesn't f--k up ever. I've been playing for 8 years and been in bands for 4 years and my live amp is a Marshall Artist 3203 Head- 30w SS preamp Tube power, with a 1960A cab + effects etc. The Fender has no use outside of my house. Just remember its a practise amp. You CANNOT play guitar in a band with this amp(well you could but of course its gonna suck its not made for that).

Well I've had it for eight years, play it almost every day, it gets moved around a lot and gets stuff put on top of it. But it's still working. The nut that goes on the input jack fell off and I lost it a few months back but no biggie.

Ok before I start lets get this straight. This is a PRACTICE AMP. Too many people on here complain about it sucking compared to other bigger amps and the use of pedals. All the reviews above have told you the features so I don't need to. I've got no idea when mine was made but I've had it for 8 years as it was the first amp i owned. I only use this amp in my bedroom as a practise amp. You're better off not using the CD Input the sound quality sucks. Headphone jack too if your mums a bitch. The clean channel sounds weak, the gain channel is Ok, nothin special but not bad. No footswitch either.

Holyballs
    [quote]shredhead777 wrote: i hate the massive POP sound this makes when I turn it on./quote] Haha i love that sound
    xmdsx2
    I bought this crap with a USA Shelter LP 2 days ago as my first amp/guitar and I couldn't regret it more. I'm a guitar noob and all, but I'm already uninspired cause my 1st amp completely sucks. You simply CANNOT play anything with the gain knob past 5.
    awifal
    This amp came with my fender strat and I also use it for my art100 when I don't want to get too loud. The distortions alright, although anything past like 6 or 7 just makes more noise without distorting any further. Very basic and great for beginners, although a new amp should be purchased before you start getting serious about guitar playing
    Holyballs
    Seriously guys it not too bad. Im borrowing this thing from a neighbour because my amp broke. The distortions is crappy and the feedback is quite annoying but for the price it is a perfectly fine amp for a beginner with less cash. If you want a good practice amp i would recommend a roland cube They are great i had/have one and love it, sadly its broken right now because it fell out of a car ....
    Notkcots
    Ok, as an ordinary amp, this thing's a pretty big piece of shit, but for Noise, it's awesome! Seriously, just dime the gain and scrape the strings or tap the neck and you get really cool sounds out of it.
    Miltam
    I bought this amp as my first with my first guitar and I am having absolutely no problems with it. I simply set gain high and then mess with the other settings. It sounds great. Not to mention my guitar being cheap and not adding to the sound as it should. The amp makes up for it big time.
    alixxqc
    i've been playing guitar for a couple of weeks now,and this amp is a piece of shit! My guitar is a Ibanez Gio, which doesn't suck that much, but it still sucks, the amp was new for only 85$: the amp,the guitar, the gigbag and the tuner. It was a pretty good deal, i started playing it and a couple days ago the amp just strated making this weird noise and it wont stop doing it, i hate it, now i wasted my money, i learned my leason, next time go with either the peavy or the line 6.