Frontman 15G review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
Fender: Frontman 15G

Its a very noisy amp, with no effects (which sucks). I'm using a Ibanez Gio, and I used a Fender Telecaster 72' Deluxe, with it too, but with both guitars the amp couldn't play a decent song. After a couple of weeks of buying the amp, it started making a weird sound when I turned it on, you had to play with the channels to stop the sound and if the channel that stopped the sound was clean, you couldn't turn distortion on, because the sound came back. Like I said before it's a noisy amp for it's size, and if you want a decent distortion, you have to put up the volume more than 5.

I play mostly rock and this amp is pretty good for nothing. I've been playing for a couple of months now and I swear if I could go back in the past and buy another amp, I would do it. If it was stolen I wouldn't buy it again, I would buy the Peavey Vypyr 15, Marshall MG15 or the Line 6 Spider IV 15w amp, because this amp just plain sucks.

The amp broke down after a couple of weeks and it just plain sucks. If I had to depend on it for back-up a gig, I would rather play un-plugged than use this piece of crap. I wouldn't depend on it even if it was my life at risk in a concert. I do wish it had some effects, and there I would think twice for using it as back-up in a gig, but the gig must be in a cafe, or some place that sucks.

WEll, where do I start? This amp comes with two channels (clean and drive), EQ (treble, middle, bass), gain, an aux jack and a headphone jack. I play mainly alternative rock (Paramore, 30 Seconds To Mars, etc) to metal (Linkin Park, Black Veil Brides, etc) and I found it's distortion to be good, not that good but good, and its clean to be bad. It's lack of effects make it a fair begginer amp, but for a practice amp, it sucks. I use this amp on my basement, because I live in an apartment and I can't play it in my room, because it bothers the neighbors, or this reason I find it quite loud. Besides that this amp is a Fender failure.

schniepel89x
    I tried one of these out at Guitar Center. The cleans are pretty dynamic and react to your picking style rather well, but the tone is horrible. Not to mention the drive channel which is trebly, muddy and overall terrible. Don't get one of these, do yourselves a favor.