Frontman 15G review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Fender: Frontman 15G

Purchased from: Kijiji

Again, if planning on using this amp singularly rather then as a speaker, it's mediocre at best. It's very loud, VERY loud, so you can drown out some terrible playing with just pure noise, but the level of distortion get's cut off after a while and it makes a lot of Hum if blasted past 3. 2 is enough to be obnoxiously loud in an apartment. I'd recommend a pedal if your using this amp, it's built in features are designed for someone who's just learning to play, the type of person who freaks after hitting the distortion switch and realizing it changed volume levels.

I got this in a package with a bunch of other, more interesting things. I just hooked this up to a PA to round out my sound a bit. I mean, I like the thing, but that's because I never soley relied on it by itself. I remember fooling around one day with it's own settings, but it's honestly just a REALLY loud starter amp, get it if you have a pedal, or if your on a budget. And because of it's build, I'd feel safe to buy it used.

It's a tank, enough said. I'd drop this from a deck and be pretty confident it will still work. If your 'relying' on it to do you justice in a gig, you'll be upset, but if you tested it beforehand, their wouldn't be any new surprises. In all honesty, it's rough, it's tough, but it's pretty hard for me to say that you should rely on it to fill an auditorium full of crisp sound.

It isn't that bad, you got some EQ, you got some AUX in's, you got some audio ins and some headphones out. I used this as a speaker, so it had everything I wanted to just project the sounds from my pedal. Also had a nifty handle, and was a nice size for the level sound it produced.