Frontman 15G review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Fender: Frontman 15G

Purchased from: a Pawn Shop

I'm currently playing this amp with a Squire Strat with no pedals and SSH pickups. I normally play Hard Rock/Heavy Metal on my guitar. Given there are better amps out there, the distortion gets the job done. The amp gets very loud after turning it up to 4 on Drive. If you are turning it past 4, hopefully you're outside. The clean sound is a different story. I like to keep it at 5 or 6 when on clean. A good practice amp for Rock guitarists.

I think this amp has capabilities for many different opportunities. Playing rock is decent enough, but I would more likely use a more specialized amp than this one. Compared to my cheap toy practice amp I used to own, this thing is leaps and bounds better. I only wish it had more Eq for me to noodle around with.

I bought the amp at a Pawn Shop, but for a used amp, it seems new. The only shortcoming in the Reliability is the small sound glitch after turning the amp on.

I bought the amp as the second one for me to own (I just recently started playing) and when you're new, you most likely won't understand all these features bigger amps have. (pre-amp, presence, etc.) This has Gain, Treble, Mid, and Bass controls, which seemed like a decent amount of EQ for a Novice/Intermediate like me.It has 2 channels, one clean and one Overdrive. The clean is quiet enough, but be careful when cranking the Drive volume. This amp is Very loud. In terms of features, this seems fine for now. I"m sure I'd want amps with more Eq as my knowledge and equipment arsenal grow.I use this for casual playing in my house. I'm not in a band, so I find this somewhat reliable to use constantly. There is a slight problem where the sound has problems coming through after first turning the amp on, but it quickly goes away.

jonxiphos
    THIS IS A SHOUT OUT TO ANY BEGINNER GUITAR PLAYERS WHO LIKE ROCK AND HEAVY METAL. If you know you can spend a decent amount of cash, look online at your local online classified adds, people have tons of amps and guitar for cheaper than retail. A good amp for you thats cheap is a peavey vypyr, I have the 60 watt version, it has a tube feel and has an overdriven channel with a tubescreamer to satisfy your hi gain needs. I have been playing for almost 2 years and it does the job to be honest. they're about 200-300 online and 500 msrp. You can also try a Line 6 spyder if you want but I warn you, youll hate them soon, they are cheap too, but NEVER BUY A MARSHALL MG. Also don't buy a strat hoping to sound Mark Morton, look at any used Ibanez or Jackson guitars with EMGs or Dimarzios or Duncans, they are great for beginners. Online you could find them for like 200-500 which is something you should do trust me itll save you in the long run!! Hope this helps! keep it metal\M/