Frontman 15R review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Fender: Frontman 15R

Purchased from: Musciansfriend

I have a Fender strat with a Seymour Duncan SH-8 in the bridge. I play from blues(SRV) to punk(AFI) to rock(Ac/Dc). I don't like the sound quality at all. The clean distorts at loud settings and the distortion...well fuzz's. It lacks "ohmmp" in all catigories. The distortion lacks brutality all together. The amp lacks tone to say the least.

This amp is a poor buy. I own a (Marshall) JCM TSL100 and when you compare the two, the little 15 sounds like a beat up cardboard box (but com'on what do you expect from a little practice amp?) If this amp was stolen or lost I surely as hell wouldn't buy a new one, I would buy a floyd for my guitar. I wish this amp had...QUALITY. Everyone else who has posted a review for this amp must be deaf or something because this amp blows.

I've droped it, kicked it, and rolled it down the stairs...and it still works. This is the only highlight of the amp. It is a fairly dependible amp however I would never gig with it, only because its to small and sound terrible. This amp has never broken down and I doubt it ever will.

This amp has two chanels (not footswitchable). It also has spring reverb (sucks major ass). The reverb never gets used on my amp because it gets a lot of feed back. Headphones-yes, effects loop-no. I use this amp in my room ONLY. This amp is solid state, and solid crap.