Frontman 15R review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 15R

Purchased from: ESE music Maidstone

I'm playing a strat copy with single coil pickups through it and it sounds really impressive, I mostly play bluesy rock (aerosmith,G'n'R etc) and it suits it really well, it's also great for more seventies style rock (rainbow, thin lizzy) it's clean tone is really warm, rounded and nice, the distortion is easily variable from quite low for bluesy licks to really heavy distortion for more metal songs.

I really love this amp, it suits my playing styles really well and covers all the tonal basses, it wasn't expensive at all and still does everything I want from an amp. The distortion is brilliantly adjustable and the reverb works amazingly well, It's capable of being really loud without losing the sound quality, if this was stolen I'd definitely buy another. I do get a bit of buzzing from it from time to time but that's because I've got a pretty cheap single coiled guitar at the moment. I'd recommend this as a beginners first amp or a really experience players practise amp, it's really small and easy to take to mates houses etc for practising and it does pretty much all you could want from a big amp but on a smaller scale.

I've had the amp for about a year and a half now and it's never once broken down,it's not lost any of it's quality and I've taken very little care of it, I haven't even cleaned it and it still sounds as good as the day I bought it, I'd definitely feel safe using this to perform.

This amps packed full of features, considering the price it covers alot of things, it's got a two channel selector, drive and normal volume, It's got a standard three band equalizer. The reverb sounds amazing and really makes a difference, it's got a headphone jack and aux in ports for hooking it up to varying sound systems. Despite being 15 watt it's phenomenally loud, it's twice the power I need for just practising in my room.