Frontman 15R review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 15R

It's just an ordinary amp, nothing special I use my FX pedal all the time so as I said earlier I leave my amp settings alone. It's quite loud if you switch the gain on but you have to sacrifice a lot of tone. The tone controls on the amp are hard to use because they either give you no tone or a whole bunch more than what you need. The distortion is well, distorted, a lot. The clean channel gets distorted if you put the volume past 7 so thats annoying. But overall it sounds pretty good, Fender have made it well.

Overall I'm happy with my amp. I'm thinking about upgrading to a big Marshall amp but first I need to get the money and all that. I'd like to buy a top of the range Fender amp but they're just too expensive. If it were stolen I'd hunt down the thief and take him down. If I couldn't find him I'd probavly buy a cheap Fender amp possibly another Frontman. I wish the amp was louder, louder is good!

Very reliable amp no breakdowns thus far I've only had it 15 months though. I'd use it at a small gig with no backup but its not powerful enough to handle anything bigger I'd use it a big gig if it was louder. Tough amp.

The amp is a solid 15 watt amp from Fender it's a tough little amp but it still can hurt your ears if you want it to. I think the amp was made in 2003 because on the back it says it passed the safety test in 2003. At least it's a safe amp and it ain't gonna blow up on me. The Frontman is a versatile amp that can withstand a kicking because of its solid back. I'm not too bothered about its effects and that because I've got an FX Pedal so I pretty much leave my amp settings alone. I use the amp at home and it could definitely do with a bit more power.