Frontman 15R review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 15R

Purchased from: Local Music store

At first I used my squire through it and it fed back and sounded horrible. I thought that it was all the amp and that it was a big waste of money, but when I got my Ibanez, all the feedback went away and it sounded awesome. The biggest complaint I ever found with this was that you only get so many tones and theres not the biggest variety. However it is extremely quiet when the guitar is cranked but your not playing, and can get really really loud for how little it is! The distortion I would say at the most metalish settings can sound really hard, but it just doesnt have the balls to pull anything as far as live shows. It workes for me though most of the time because its just convieniant to practice with.

The thing is a decent amp, especially for guitarists who are going on their second or third year of playing like I was. Although it doesnt make you sound perfect like some amps, it gives you the honest sound comming through your guitar and helps you to practice and improve that tone. I really wish it would have more features on it such as two distortions (gain, lead) and maybe a couple nice effects to work with. The reason most people by this amp is that its unique price, its just some of the best you can get for what it is. For how much it costed, and its main purpose, I would say Fender did a good job with designing it. It has fit my style decently over the years and I am sure it will make any guitarist transitioning from beginner to intermediate a very happy person!

Although this is a semi sturdy amp, it is a bit delicate because of its size. I have also had a problem with the input connection insert getting lose and not getting a signal from the guitar. In other words, this thing is not meant to be stepped on and thrashed at gigs. However it has never malfunctioned in any way for me and so far has held together pretty good. But since this isnt as durable as some of the other amps I have seen, I'm not going to glorify the rating.

Going from the 10w amp my starter pack came with to this was a huge changed, almost euphoric at first. However, this amp is strongly made for warming up Backstage before a gig but not to actually play a gig. It has your basic controls, clean, overdrive, treble, middle, bass, and then reverb. Although this is a wonderful amp for the price and purpose I have found after years of experimenting with it that it has a very limited tone. If you want to get all typed of unique sounds to actually come out of it you need an effects pedal. However the reverb on this amp is extremely good quality and the overdrive is also nice and clean.

[FrozEn]
    lol guitarkid_123, how many amps have you even played to compare this fender piece of junk to. I suggest you go try out other 15 watts, and even 10 watts, up to 250 watts, just so you know what your talking about.
    TheHeartbreaker
    I own this same amp, and it ****ing sucks. I swear to God, it ****ing sucks. I get mad at it A LOT, and I often find myself wanting to heave it out the window.
    OneLastSaluteFW
    i have the 15G without the reverb and if i can assume they're practically the same with mine just having no spring reverb, then i agree the amp isn't great but i run some pedals through it so i cant say much about the sound but it keeps makin a buzz whether the cord is plugged in or not and i take very good care of it because it never leaves my room not very well-made
    Mr.Glue
    I don't know about this amp but from the people who say it (sucks major ass) a probably wouldn't want one or want to buy one.
    GATLIN
    i have this amp and it is pretty awsome. i play a G&L s500 Strat.
    leid sepplin
    dude, guitarkid. saying "only good charlotte" does not make us respect you more, in fact it saddens me. and it sounds like a mini marshall??? *slap* my 15 watt MG sounds better then then this. good day to you sir.
    TreeofLife
    ooblah is right, it is made for guitarists going from beginner to advanced.. like a practice amp. Thats what i use it for
    Metallica1989
    this amp sux hard. i had one and i swear it was pretty hard to sell it because most of the guys who were interested in it, came over my house to try it first and they said the tone sucked. Had to sell it for 40 bucks and i had to brainwash the guy.
    eddiehimself
    OneLastSaluteFW but it keeps makin a buzz whether the cord is plugged in or not and i take very good care of it because it never leaves my room not very well-made
    you must have somtheng rong with yer guitar or summt 'cos i used to have one and it made no noise at all unless you wanted it to. I think some of you guys are a bit harsh. it's not that bad and I own a very big amp so I do know what i'm talking about.