Frontman 15R review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 15R

Purchased from: Samash

I use this amp with a standard stratocaster, and I play mostly classic rock and hard rock, occasionally heavy metal. The clean channel sounds very smooth when the guitar's in neck pickup. The distortion of this amp is not thick enough to generate sounds of let's say pantera or something. This amp is not made for doing gig and such, so don't expect too much.

The overall impression of this amp is that it is more of a starting amp. For only 100 bucks, you get what you pay for and more. However, if you can save 40 or 50 more dollars, you can get a Marshall MG15CDR, and it is better. Right now, I have enough money, but I am not in a hurry to buy a new amp. I think this amp is very good for it's price.

I cannot comment on the durability of this amp because I only owned this amp for about three months. However, as of right now, it sounds the same as when I first bought it new. As I mentioned before, this amp is not recommanded for doing gigs.

This amp features reverb and has basic two channels, clean and distortion. It does include a headphone jack and a very simple amp. It would be nice if it had better distortion. The output is 38 watts, so it's good for practicing at home. The amp is pretty versatile because you can get that metally bouncy clean sound with reverb up, and that smooth Frusciante in Under The Bridge.

BeanApoc
    I have a pretty cheap guitar- (squier- go ahead laugh), and this guitar has a good amount of buzz on the drive channel, but it is noiseless on normal, with buzz that is