Frontman 15R review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Fender: Frontman 15R

Purchased from: Guitarcenter

I use this amp with my Squier Strat. At first I thought it was my guitar making the buzz on overdrive, but on my Dad's amp it sounded great. It is very loud, which would be good if it wasn't such a bad amp. The clean channel is great, it sounds good on any clean song. The overdrive, well, I just can seem to get it right. I have tried tons of settings for it but you just can't get a decent sound out of it, but it is a very cheap amp.

I play both classic and modern rock such as AC/DC or the Red Hot Chili Peppers and I use a different amp at my dad's place for both. I have been playing for 5 months and it's the only amp I own. The amp came in a pack which was on sale, very cheap, so I can't really say I should have asked beforehand. To tell the truth, I would pay someone to steal it from me.

I would never, ever use this amp for any kid of show that involved any distortion. Every once in awhile it will just cut off on me while I'm playing and then come back on (the amp is on, just no sound). I have taken in it, and they said nothing was wrong with it, it's just a bad amp.

My amp was made in 2007 and I got it with pack that included a guitar, amp, and several other accessories. If I had to say only one thing about it, don't get it. You have 2 options with this amp, clean, and a really annoying buzz distortion. Although it can go very loud and blow you out of the room on only about level 3 volume, the buzzing on the overdrive will Drive you crazy.

srbairjr
    first off, a 15watt amp isnt for gigging....duh. both the 15R and 15G amps have the input jack soldered directly to the circuit board and they go bad. if your patchcord is loose, have the jack replaced. i purchased mine for traveling (practicing in hotel rooms with headphone jack). buy one from one of these punks who bought it to gig with. pick it up cheap.
    Decembero
    Basically my amplifier just died. Stopped working.... 7 years old, but still, it just STOPPED working. Ive tried EVERYTHING to fix it, so instead im just gonna heave it out the window hahah,
    Shannock
    For all you would be noise artists, remember one thing - This is a PRACTICE amp. I totally agree with American Prick. If you want to blast more than 15 watts from your bedroom, then I suggest you get a bigger amp, and move to Death Valley where there are no neighbours!
    edtillimdead
    Horrible, Horrible, Bad, Rubbish, useless. I use mine as a nightstand. Only use i have for it. Terrible tone, rubbish distortion. Inspires me to put down my guitar rather than pick it up.