Frontman 15R review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Fender: Frontman 15R

Price paid: A$ 200

Purchased from: Guitar Factory

This amp is being used with a Fender Stratocaster, a Cole Clark culprit, a sunburst strat, and a Gibson SG. These are all awesome guitars, and this amp does do them justice to some extent* This being said these are good guitars and an average guitar may not sound good at all through this amp. This amp does suit my music style when I'm practising but my Marshall Valve State is alot better. It is noisy with the volume turned up, but on the same note does not sound good. It also does not have much of a variety but is good for soft quiet rock, and blues. The clean chanel also sounds distorted, and I would not buy another one.

This is Strictly a Practice Amp and is versatile for any style of music from strictly a practice point of view. This amp is compact and 15 watts is great for any bedroom. I've been playing for four years with many great guitars as stated above, and I wish I could have gotten an Orange crush instead of choosing this!. Infact if it was stolen I would go out and buy an orange, probably the Tiny Terror 15 watt by orange. The only thing I love about this amp is the the way it looks with the black vinyl, silver grill and the chrome Fender logo Hurah! Everything else I Hate but being said it does not sound as bad as what I make it out to be. Also there is no comparison only that is sounds better than the Marshall amps in the same class they are worse its true!. The only thing I wish it had was better reverb.

This amp is solid state so is extremely reliable and I have never had any issues other than the way it sounds. The amp does not give off much heat. However due to the way it sounds I would not use it for a gig unless it could be connected to a PA system because I think it might sound decent if no reverb is used and also if the lame speaker is not used either.

This amp was made in 2010. This amp is good for low gain with low volume and little bass because the speaker cannot handle higher levels of bass and high volumes without the speaker sounding crakley or just plain bad. It is good for any style but just for practice only! I also wish it had more reverb, or at least a better reverb other than that horrible springy sound it makes when you use it.