Frontman 15R review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Fender: Frontman 15R

I'm using it with a Washburn WI200 with Humbuckers, It sounds great on Clean at low volumes, around 4-5, louder and it starts to distort. It's surprisingly quiet when not being used. There is not much variety to what sounds it can make, overdrive is a bit of a let down, it sounds horiible at too loud.

I play metal, and classic rock. It kind of sucks for the metal but sounds good for the classo rock. I've been playing for a Acoustic for a while now, around 8 years and electric for about 3, this was the first amp I bought (I got it with a begginer pack along with a Sqier Tele). I love the clean, it sounds awesome but I hate the overdrive. Fender should stick with making guitars.

I can depend on it only as a practice, 15 watts is no where near enough for a gig. It broke down a couple of weeks ago, just from old age. It had served me for over 3 years. I think the reason it broke was the plug into the mains. It just stopped turning on so I guess it wasn't getting any power.

Two selectable channels, normal and overdrive. Auxiliary input, Reverb, headphone jack, treble, mid, bass, volume, gain and Drive controls. I never use the reverb, you can only hear it when you turn it to full and sounds crap when you do. The Drive is ok, I normally only have it on about 6. Any higher and it starts making this horrible grainy sound. I only use this amp as a practice, it's only got 15 watts.

devovinium
    PEOPLE EXPECT WAY TOO MUCH FOR VERY LITTLE. IT'S A PRACTICE AMP. A VERY INEXPENSIVE PRACTICE AMP. IT WILL AMPLIFY YOUR GUITAR(ACTUALLY VERY LOUD) THERE IS REVERB, A HEADPHONE JACK, ETC. IT'S UNREALISTIC TO EXPECT A $100.00 AMP TO SOUND LIKE A $600.00 AMP? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
    No one expects it to sound like a $600 amp. But if you compare it to amps in the same price range, like a peavey vypyr, line 6 spider IV, or a marshall, then ya it sucks major balls. Each of the amps I listed cost $100 at any guitar center, or off musiciansfriend.com and they absolutely sound better and blow this thing away.