Frontman 25R review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 25R

My Ibanez has 2 humbucking pick-ups, but it also has a switch to turn them into single pick-ups. You can hear the difference between the two very well on this amp, also the tonal knobs (on the guitar) create a good variety of sounds. The amp can make tones for about any style, from bluesy tones to distorted metal. I play punk so I try to find a nice medium. The clean channel distorts a bit at the hihgest volume but not really that bad.

This amp gives a pretty good overall impression. It needs a way better reverb though. If this amp were lost or stolen I would probably not buy another, because I would rather have a bigger one and I'm short on cash. I like the distortion channel best about the amp. The only complaint I have about it is the reverb, which I can't even explain what a dissapointment it was.

This amp is fairly reliable, it's to small to use fora show so I really don't need to worry. Due to the fact that this amp is not quite a month old I cant really say that its never broken down, but I dont think that it will any time soon. I'm going to put down a five any way because Fender is a pretty reliable company.