Frontman 25R review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Fender: Frontman 25R

I am using a Baracuda guitar with humbucking pickups. I play mostly metal like Metallica. The clean is pretty clean. The distortion is bad. So I run a Metal Zone pedal through it. The amp can not handle the power from the pedal past 2 on the volume. Past 2 you get horrible bass feedback. Running the MT2 Metal Zone it is best for me to keep the volume between 1 and 2.

I have been back into playing for aprox 4 months now and I should have tried other amps. Once I do go to a tube amp I will keep it however. I don't think I could get any money for it and if I did sell it too someone I would feel bad doing so. Unless they were looking for a pure practice amp. I should have saved money and bought decent gear. I would be having more fun if I had. I am sorry I bought this amp as it does not suit my playing style.

I would never gig with it as it is just a practice amp. Nothing more than that.

I bought this amp a while back but am just back into playing now. The amp is nothing more than a practice amp at low volumes. The amp has 2 channels with the ability to add a foot switch. The amp is probably perfect for someone that is in an apartment and noise is a concern.