Frontman 25R review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Fender: Frontman 25R

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

I use an Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus with two humbucker pickups. I mostly play metal and hard rock (Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin). The clean chanel sounds pretty good however the overdive is horrible. I too use a Boss MT-2 (Metal Zone) and it sounds awful when the amp is anywhaere above level 2.

I would not recomend anyone to buy this amp, if you are looking for a good practice amp invest in a Marshall or something of that quality. This amp will literaly make you turn away from playing your guitar. If it were lost/stolen I would go buy a Marshall MG30 DFX to practice with.

It's a durable amp however don't even let the idea of gigging with it cross your mind.

This amp is one of the worst investements I ever made. I bought it at Long And Mcquade for 180 when I first started to play guitar. It comes with a clean and overdirve chanel. There is a footswitch imput but you have to go buy a footwsitch youself since the amp doesn't come with one, a headphone jack is also available. I only use this amp for practiceing, its pretty much useless for anything else.