Frontman 25R review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 25R

Purchased from: 2nd hand

Overall I think that the sound from this amp is not bad given its relatively low price. Through the clean channel my Yamaha Pacifica sounds sweet and warm, even if a little flat at times. The overdrive is a different story. So long as you set the amp up fine it sounds pretty good, but too much gain and it has a lot of feedback and noise. It doesn't really have the class to carry off too demanding solos very well. This however may be a reflection on my guitar. My only real dislike of this amp is that it is very noisy. Anything below 2 of 10 it is fine, but above that it loses sound quality. this isn not a problem really for practicing however.

I play quite a lot of different styles on this amp but I tend to steer away from really loud rock. This is because my guitar doesnt have the quality really to sound convincing, regardless of any ability or not. Overall if it had better volume adjustment I would be happier with this amp, not a major issue, just an unnecessary nuisance. I cannot juge this amp too harshly until I get a significantly better guitar.

I have had this amp for onew year and it has been fine the whole time no probs at all.

This amp has good adjustment for treble mid and bass. The reverb isn't massively effective either off or on full but doesn't sound bad. The amount of gain is very adjustable from nothing to too much. Volume adjustment is very poor. The amp comes on loud at just below one and just gets stupidly loud before 2 of 10. This makes getting the right volume needlessly tricky, but not impossible.

drmmrboi
    tpot06
    drmmrboi : hey. i wouldnt recommend this amp. no good distortion. the cleans alright. uhh. whenever i shut it off, it switches channels for a split second, so it pops and makes loud booms then it shuts off. very bad. also, i get a wierd hum goin on and off every once in a while.reverb sux too. eq is alright. not the best.
    I agree. I have one of these too and the distortion is poor. You get a lot of background noise and it does hum too. The clean is good though but ill deffinitly be investing in a new amps soon.