Frontman 25R review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 25R

Purchased from: guitar center

I use a Fender stratocaster and I play a lot of Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, AC/DC, Hawthorne Heights, and all that post hard core/punk/pop rock. It suits my style, but the fuzz isnt as great as you would expect. To cover up for the loss on this, I bought a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal to replace the fuzz. It doesn't place that much feedback and I use it outside, inside, everywhere. The amp is basically a practice amp and you could try to gig with it, but it dosent have that much variety on it, but I personally like to mess with the knobs and see how many choices I can make. Well the distortion isn't brutal at all, and the bad part is, after the volume knob is after 2, it gets really loud.

Since I play punk/pop/classic/post hardcore rock it matches fairly well if you place the volume at 2, no fuzz, treble on 10, middle on 5, and bass at 1. That setup works really well especially with the Boss distrotion pedal. I've been playing for 2 years. I own a Yamaha rg, a really old Crate amp that was given to me, and a Fender stratocaster.If it was stolen I would rebuy it just because it suits what I play and its very cheap and versatile. I love everything about the amp except the fact, that past 2, the volume is super loud. I love the treble feature and the reverb feature just because I like to mess around with those options. I didn't compare this amp to any products I just flat out bought it.

I can depend on this amp Because its so versatile and built tough. This amp can handle kicking, falling over and even rolling down stairs. It is built very tough and can withstand lots of abuse.I would probably gig witha Marshall just because Marshall amps are better, but since I only have this amp, I'd use it.

The Fender Frontman 25R is very versatile and very handy.I play punk, pop, post hard core rock. It comes with an input slot, normal volume knob, gain knob, drive selector for fuzz, Drive volume knob, treble knob, middle knob, bass knob, and the popular Fender reverb knob.it has slots for head phones, aux in, and a foot switch.The features I never use are the foot Switch and headphones, because I prefer to play out loud and I already own a distortion pedal, so I'm good.It has the blackface cover with the Fender logo in a chrome color. The amp weighs very little for its size. I use this amp everywhere just because its so versatile and great for its price. This amp boasts power for its size and price.