Frontman 25R review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 25R

I usually use my Epiphone les paul with humbuckers, but have also plugged in an Ibenez G210 Super Strat, with one HB and 2 single coils. Both sound good. Like I stated earlier, I play everything on this amp and it all sounds amazing. The distortion can be heavier than a live Black Label concert, or can be turned down to produce a clearer more melodic lead sound. On clean, it sounds like my 1000 dollar hand crafted acoustic. A little tweeking on the reverb and bass/mid/trebble, and I can make my guitar sound like a crisp clean 12-string. At volume settings over 8 the clean starts to sound distorted, and the distortion never starts to get brutal or muddy at the high volumes, unless the gain is at 10. Its a nice high quality sounding smooth tube amp, that's all you need.

This amp is the ultimate jam amp or small show amp. It doesnt matter what you play it can sound good on this amp. I compared this to many others, and none come even close to the bang for the buck. I don't think any similar amp sounds near as good for any price. After this amp and experience with Marshalls and Line 6s, Fender is now the only amp I will ever buy.

Well, there's only one way to judge this folks, and my amp is so far scoring perfect here. I play with my band at vloumes usualy around 8 or 9, usually about 10 hours a week. I've knocked it over, I've tripped over it, I've dropped it, I sit on it, I stand on it, it aint broke yet. I've had it for 9 months now without ever having it serviced or maintained, hell I don't hardly ever dust it. This is the only amp I need at a gig, but I still always like a back up in case of a tornado somehting.

My kick ass amp is a Frontman 25 watt tube amp with Fender reverb, biult in 2005. It can handle anystyle of music I throw at it, and I'm a well rounded guy. I rip it up with metal riffs and rock leads, blues and grunge, and acoustic and classical, this does it all. It has 2 channels, clean and gain. It has reverb control, bass treblle and mid control, head phone jack, and aux inpute. As much as I love more power, the 25 watts do just fine even at small gigs. The only thing this amp needs is more biult in effects (those damn digitechs are getting expensive).