Frontman 25R review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 25R

I'm using my strat of course, with single coil pickups. It suits my music style perfectly. Which would be basically rock and alternative. I do play some metal, and the amp can make that sound great. It gives a decent variety of sounds. It gives you reverb, gain, bass, etc. The distortion is near perfect, but can be a little noisy. The clean channel stays clean even at high volumes.

I play rock and alternative, and some metal, and just for a 14 year old like me, this amp does fine. I've been playing for 2 years, and if it were lost or stolen, I'd probably get something a little better. I love how it gives off a good amount of power while still being relatively small. I own a Roland amp and I've compared it to that, and it is better. I chose it because it can go loud and still sound good, and it's small, and kinda cheap. I wish it had more effects but I just use a digital pedal and I'm satisfied.

It's reliable but not gig-worthy. I'd bring a different amp to a gig. It's really only for practicing, for fun, and for beginners. The speaker actually did have to be replaced for a small amount of money and now it does sound better.

The amp was made within the last five years and it's a somewhat versatile amp. It handles everything pretty decent, but mostly only blues, and rock. It contains a gain Switch that does a relatively good job on making my guitar rock. I wish it allowed you to customize your distortion instead of just turning it off and on. I use this amp for practicing, and for some small jams with my friend Who plays drums, and for that, this amp works fine.

ismith
    For some reason I can't write a review for it yet but I'll say this: If you're looking at buying this, go with a Marshall MG15DFX or MG30DFX on ebay, they're a much better value and won't crap out on you at higher volumes. My Frontman sounds like shit past volume 2 and the clean channel has such massive bass that anything on the lower strings will make a gust of wind and a lot of rattling from the grille net. It also hums, and if you leave your guitar plugged in while not playing it, it slowly works its way up to a shriek. I've only been playing for one year but I have a good enough ear and common sense to know that this is not a smart buy. Again, go with the Marshalls with DFX, fantastic little practice amps.