Frontman 25R review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 25R

I use this with my 2006 60th anniversary strat, and have used it on ocassion with a cheaply chinese made Epiphone G-400. This amp is made for any style of music, and it can definately put out, just like a hooker with a welfare check. I've read reviews where after a certain volume, you get nothing but distorted noise. Must be the Indonesian models, cause mine dosen't have that problem at all. The clean channel is better that the FM series, and the distortion just kills.

I play a combination of blues, classic rock, and '80s hair metal, and this amp has never let me down, not once! I have been playing for over 35 years, and I also have a 60th anniversary Strat that is MIM, along with a Peavey Studio Pro 112 combo that is fitted with a 12 inch Eminence Alpha Speaker. If this was stolen or anything, I would only replace it if I could get one with the Black Metal grille cover on the front. Otherwords, made in Mexico.

I have used this on several small gigs without a backup. I have had no problems whatsoever with this amp. For what I paid for it ($65.00, used), it's the of the better deals that I have come across in over 35 years of playing guitar. I have not had to have any repairs done on this at all, and I don't think I'll need to. This amp is very rugged and durable.

Mine is a 1998 Fender Frontman combo with the Black metal grille on the front. It's made in Mexico, and not Indonesia, like the pieces of crap that Fender puts out today. It's 2 channels and is rated at 25 watts, although it sounds more like 50 if you believe that. This amp is more than enough for a small bar or club gig. It is solid state, so you know it's going to last, providing you take care of it, as you should with any guitar or amp.

eldoplaysguitar
    i got this amp and i dont know what shit all you guys are smoking but i loved it and for a lil 25watter its way louder than the 50w g-dec