Frontman 25R review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 25R

I am using my modified ESP LTD M-15 which has a Seymour Duncan Detonator in the bridge position, and this guitar and never sounded better than it has through this amp. I play mostly Classic Rock and 80's Hair Metal and this amp is perfect for it. The clean on this is classic Fender all the way, nice and clean with just a smidgen of Reverb. I've heard some people complain about the Gain on these amps, but I think it sounds great. I have it set on around 6 and with the Duncan pup on my guitar, I have just the right amount of sustain that I need without any muddiness at all. For a 25 watt amp, this is one loud box. I have this set on only 1 in my home and the walls in my house are shaking. Down the line, I might change the speaker to a Eminence, but for now, I'm quite happy with it just the way it is.

I play Classic Rock, with some 80's Metal thrown in for fun, and this is a great sounding amp for that genre of music. I can definitely use this for small club gigs with no problem at all. I'm going to order a footswitch for this today from eBay. I love the fact that it's light and won't break my back when I take it to band practice or a small club gig. If anything happened to this, I would definitely get another one. I used to think that these amps were horrible, but now that I own one, I am pleasantly surprised at how great these really are. They're really a great bargain for the price and I highly recommend them.

This is one well built amp, seeing that it's made overseas. I used to be of the mentality that everything had to be American made, but now, you have to go with the times and realize that there are some good quality gear coming out from overseas. Especially from companies like Fender and Epiphone with their factories located in China, etc.

Mine is a 2011 model which was made in Indonesia. It has the Texas Red finish and is rated at a very LOUD 25 watts. It has a Fender 10" speaker along with 1 input and 2 channels, clean and gain. The controls on this are, 2 volumes for each channel and Treble, Midrange, Bass, Gain, and Reverb. There is also a headphone jack and Aux In input which I'm not really sure what that does. I do wish that it had a line out, so you could hook up a ext. Cabinet though.

YCJ
    As someone who owned one of these, let me say they really are one of the best practice amps i've played on. The distortion channel is decent for a fender, and the clean channel and the reverb is excellent. I think single coil or p 90 pickups sound fine on it actually.
    jeffo46
    I recently installed a Eminence 10" Rajun Cajun speaker in my Red version and it made a huge difference in the sound and output of this amp.