Frontman 65R review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 65R

I am using my 2006 MIM Fender Standard Strat with this and it's a perfect mix to say the least. The clean channel on this took me a while to adjust to me liking, but once I did, I was in sheer Strat heaven. The Drive on this, using the contour button can go between Blues and Metal providing you know how to set the EQ to your settings. This amp is completely quiet and from what I can tell, doesn't seem to break up at higher volumes which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

This amp could cover any genre of music, I feel and is also pedal friendly. I got this mostly because, I'm 50 years old and I'm tired of lugging around heavy pieces of gear. This amp is really light but loud and is more than capable of handling any club gig. I would probably get another one if anything happened to this one. Hey, for $200 bucks, this is a great deal and is much better than those lousy Raven amps, that GC keeps trying to sell.

I just got this today, so the jury is out as far as dependability is concerned. I do tend to baby my equipment so I don't think I'll have any problems with it. My only concern is that, this is a floor model that I picked up but I also boght a 2 year warranty just in case, so I am covered. Better to be safe than sorry, I always say!

I believe that my amp was probably made in 2008, in China. This is a 2 channel amp with Volume, Treble, and Bass on the clean channel, while you have Drive, Volume, Mid, Treble, Bass, Reverb, and a Contour Switch, along with channel switching on the second channel. This amp weighs in at around 32 lbs and has that classic Fender Blackface Design with the Silver Logo in the left hand corner. It's rated at a very LOUD 65 watts and is quite capable of handling club gigs, and is Solid state! It has 2 imputs and comes with a Pre Out and Power In jack and a single button footswitch.

timmy1
    is it a bass amp because it looks a lot like one and i mean a lot
    Ironpriest
    This is the only amp i've ever owned and it's definitley a guitar amp. I think I've only been up to about 4 and it's freakin' loud!!
    jeffo46
    Timmy1; No it's not a Bass amp. This is a 65 watt Guitar combo amp. It's one of the best deals out there today. Fender recently lowered the price on these from $269.00, to $199.99, so for that price, this is a helluva deal. Plus it comes with a footswitch.
    callumac
    How is the Fender Frontman for playing 2 guitars at a time? (via the 2 inputs)
    FreshouttaMS9
    Input 1 is for single-coil type pickups and Input 2 is for guitars with humbucker type pickups. But, I've played my strat through both inputs and there really is no difference.
    How is the Fender Frontman for playing 2 guitars at a time? (via the 2 inputs)
    It works fine, there really isn't that big of a difference to the overall tone, it just might sound a little funny and harder to divide the lead/rhythm parts with the same volume, overall, good amp.