Frontman 65R review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 65R

Purchased from: Rattle and Drum

I use a Fender Jaguar HH with it, this guitar has two humbuckers but the amp works great with single coils as well. My favourite aspect of this amp has to be the reverb, I don't know why but I think Fender amps just have great reverb settings. The amp sustains at high volumes but still sounds great a low volumes, I've played this amp in school halls to bedrooms. The clean channel doesn't distort at high volumes, which is great. The controls: Clean Channel: Volume, Treble, Bass. Drive Channel: Drive, Volume, Channel Select Switch, Treble, Mid, Mid Contour Switch, Bass, Reverb,

This was my first decent amp after my first 10 Watt practice one; and I don't think I'd upgrade for a while, I feel this amp will serve me for a long time. To be honest I bought this knowing very little about the amplifier market, but after comparing it with my friends I think I made a lucky choice. The only thing I don't really like is the lack of controls on the clean channel; other than that the Fender Frontman 65R is quality value amp which you should buy.

I can depend on this amp, mainly because it's solid state, and therefore won't blow unlike valve amps. The amps been packed into boots, over the years and still works great; the casing is of good quality with a Black Textured Vinyl along with Chrome Hardware.

The Fender Frontman 65R is a solid state combo amp with a 65 watt output. I've played this at gigs, finding it's incredibly loud; a great value for money. I don't know the actual year in which it was made, but I suspect around 2008. The amp is versatile, I play allsorts from indie, rock to grunge and this amp allows me to do this. It has two channels: clean and distorted. Two 1/4" inputs, effects Loop (Preamp Out, Power Amp In), footswitch Jack, IEC Grounding Type Power Supply Cord. The amp comes with a Vintage style footswitch to swap between channels.