Frontman 65R review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 65R

Ove the last year or two I've used lots of different guitars with it humbuckers and singlecoils (I'm a big fan of singlecoil guitars but this amp definately suits humbuckers more). It can get very noisy with singlecoils at high volumes, best remedy is to turn off all the guitars tone. A versatile amp suitable for lots of styles; blues, jazz and funk especially. The clean channel can be distorted at high volumes (wah wahs will help that). The OD is quite strong but can be harsh at high levels, I guess some people might like that though. All in all sound isn't bad but could be quite abit warmer.

As I mentioned earlier I think it's best for lighter styles like blues, Jazz, funk and even some classic rock tones. Versatile but could sound better. This amp does however sound fantastic with wah pedals! I do like the low overdriven tones and the option to turn off the mid contour is a nice touch even if it's not used that often. The reverb is pretty, but there could be more. It's a pretty decent amp for the price tag, if your on a budget then I would highly recomend it, if not... go for a Peavey transtube.

This amp has survived a good 3 years at my college which is an incredible testament to build quality. I've had no problems with this amp... EVER. It's been gigged with several times and had no problems, very reliable. Sound has remained consistantly good, no degredation whatsoever.

This amp has pretty standard features, 2 channels, high and low on clean channel, high, mid and low on dirty channel, reverb and FX loop. This amp is a college amp and thats where I use it, it's easily loud enough for small gigs and jams. Would be good if the clean channel had a mid contour.

litelsk8erboi
    I have this amp and on the clean channel it has a fuzzy tone on the channel. I run it through my 2011 mia hss standard strat, ehx small clone, boss ds1 then to my amp. Anybody know what might be wrong or how i could fix it?