Frontman Reverb PR-241 review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Fender: Frontman Reverb PR-241

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

I use a Gibson Les Paul Custom in all pickup positions with the amp. I play Progressive Metal and it doesn't suit my music style too well, but the amp does sound good for Blues. The amp can be noisy at times. The amp sounds are mostly a 1950's warm tone. There's not too much variety in the amp. The clean channel does get distorted at high volumes around 7 on the amp. The distortion isn't too heavy, it sounds like a MXR Distortion Plus.

Since the style of music I play is Progressive Metal it isn't too good of a match. I've been playing since the spring of 2009, almost 4 years. I own a Line 6 Spider IV 75 Watt amp that I mostly use and a Ibanez RG570. If the amp was stolen/lost I probably wouldn't buy another one because there are better practice amps. I love how good the tone is of the amp. I hate the hissing. And my favorite feature is the Reverb. I've compared it to multiple amps and I chose this amp because it was the cheapest. I wish I had a Spider Valve Full Stack.

You can depend on it very well. If I was to gig with it I would probably take a backup because it is only a 38 Watt amp. The amp has never broken down on me once. The plate is made out of Metal so it can take a lot of abuse.

The Frontman Reverb series by Fender was started in 1997. The amp. Is very reliable and makes a good practice amp. I play Progressive Metal and the amp isn't too good for high gain distortion but can give you that nice clean tone you've always wanted. There are two channels. It has channel switching, but it cannot hook up to a petal. There is only one effect on the amp and it is Reverb. There is a Headphone Jack and a EXT. Speaker Jack. I use every feature on the amp. I mostly use the amp in my room for practice. It has enough power to get the job done. It's a Solid State amp that sounds better than most tube amps.

My Last Words
    "I love how good the tone is of the amp. " Gives Sound a 4/10 I'm speechless.
    TheNameOfNoone
    Sound of the distortion also counts, as well as the versatility of the amp. I guess he was talking about the clean tone...
    jinsu2301
    yeah, the distortion is still a problem with the frontman series but the clean tone is great and works very well with modeling pre-amps.
    rasmusschulz
    I seriously doubt that this amp "sounds better than most tube amps." Have you ever in your whole life played a decent tube amp? I can't describe with words how f*cking bad this review is..
    boknoykatok
    the amp gain is not very good. the reverb is decent. but the amp in general just has too much treble. and this review is really awful.
    Fenderdog
    A good friend of mine just gave me his. He has an SS 100 watt Marshall and, another ss Fender amp. I just got through playing through it with head phones and it sounds pretty good for an expensive beginner amp. Made in Mexico. I did not need this amp it was given to me. I have ten other fine amps and, all are tube except for one. It is not a Marshall 1987X or a Fender Super Reverb but, what the heck, I like it just the same! Most of my amps are low watt from 1 to 15 watts. I've been playing since I was a teen and, know I'm in my late 50s. This amp is probably better then the first one I had as a kid. For being solid state it does produce a warm tone. This thing is pretty cool for being an intro amp.