G-DEC review by Fender

Fender: G-DEC

Purchased from: Local Guitar Store

The sounds you can get out of this amp are very great. The only thing that I use through this is a wah pedal and a distortion pedal sometimes. The presets have a built in wah, but I don't use that when I'm trying to record. The distortion already on the amp doesn't have the crunch I need, but it's mainly because of my guitars stock pick ups. This amp sounds amazing.

I have been playing guitar for around 4 years and I still love this amp. It is definately a must have for a small playing area. I even record a lot of songs onto computer with this amp, so the quality is excellent. If the amp was stolen, I would get it again if I had the money, but unfortunately, I'm broke. There's nothing to hate about this amp, only that you didn't get it sooner. I usually use the Screaming preset without compression and high noisegate. I only wish this amp had a bit more crunch sometimes, but if you just need it for a bedroom, it's perfect for you.

I love this amp. It is very reliable and I have taken it many places. I would not use it at a gig, simply because it's a practice at home type of amp. It hasn't broken down on me in the year that I've had it, and still works great.

The features on this amp are amazing for the price. You can get any sound out of this amp thats possible with a guitar. The only effect it's lacking in variety is delay, which it still has a good sound to it. You can make the amp sound like you're playing in a stadium, small room, hallway, or any other setting you can imagine. The built-in drum machine is great too. Up to 240 bpm (which is what I have to use sometimes) and over 50 different drum patterns. Also has MIDI hook ups, second guitar input, headphone jack, tuner, and a bunch of other small things.

Jondy
    Best practice amp out there. Good for any and all purposes except maybe performing live on stage. So many effects to experiment with, which is good to have at your immediate disposal when writing songs, then if you're going to perform live just set your pedals up similar. Metronome and drum beats and bass beats, absoultetly perfect for practice and jamming at home. It can get kinda loud, but if you're doing a gig you're gonna want something plainer and louder.
    BobMarleysGhost
    This is a great amp for beginners (like I used to be, before I got this amp). But one thing for all beginners using this amp to remember is to try not to always drown everything with effects, because it's the guitar playing that makes you sound good, not the amp effects. Overall though, a great amp.