G-DEC review by Fender

Fender: G-DEC

Purchased from: Anthony's Music

At the moment I'm using a Squier SE-100 Bullet Strat with the standard pickups and 0.11-0.51 gauge strings, and the G-DEC manages to handle all my favourite styles of music. You can play anything from country to punk or jazz to metal using the onboard effects and amp types, or if your not feeling too creative, there are already 50 presets in the amp, which covers every style of music. The best volume to keep this amp on is 2-3, as you get more definiton in the tone. When you start to go past this, to about 5 or 6, you may get a more fuzzy tone, instead of a clear, tight tone. On a clean channel, on a volume of 5, you will hear distortion in the background. However, if you go to the amp menu button and scroll down you will find compressor and noise gate. Turn the noise gate to super and the compressor to off on all your clean settings and they will have no distortion at all. Do this to you other settings too for minimum feedback, but don't forget, if you use distortion you still will get feedback if you turn the volume past 5.

Listen, I'm only 13 an this amp suits all styles of music, so no matter what you like this amp will be able to cater for your needs. The only amp I owned before this was an SP10, which sounds like crap compared to this. The only thing you should ask when you buy this is how to control effects, because some of them are pretty retarded, especially alienator. I love this amp and if it were stolen I'd hunt down the guy that stole, beat the crap out of him, piss on him, and shove a drum stick up his ass. This amp is perfect and you will not regret buying it. Rock on!

This amp has not broken down yet, as I've only had it for about seven weeks, and I do expect it to last at lest 5 years. However, when I got mine after two weeks my custom presets disappeared. Anyway, turns out it was the battery (the thing that holds presets), and mine just got sold with a f--ked up one, so I had to go 5 days without it. But that is totally uncommon, so don't let it stop you from buying one, 'cause more than likely yours will be perfect.

This amp only came on the market a few years ago, and out of several amps I've used, including a Fender Frontman 15G and Marshall G15RCD, this is the best amp I have ever used. I play mostly punk pop (Blink 182, Sum 41), and some metal (Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold) and this amp can handle anything I want to play. There are 29 effects build into this state of the ART amp, over 10 amp types, several reverbs and, best of all 50 user and 50 performance presets, so you can save all your sounds into the amp and recall them with the grey data wheel. As well as all this, there is a build in drum machine, with adjustable tempo and beat, two inputs, 8 inch speaker, and auxiliary inputs, so you can add speakers or play CDs through the amp and play along with your songs. You can also focus on bass, lead, drums, or cancel bass or guitar while the CD is playing with the aux controls.

fab1902
    Hello All, I was lucky to find at a good price level a G-dec Exec with beatiful wood. At high volume level, up to 7 or 8 level, depending sound guitar chossen, I heard the limit of the small speaker, buzz..... In order to improve this, what do you recommend for a speaker upgrade ? is it possible to put a jensen P10, size ok, or something else with a 8 ohm, same size and 20 or more watt, a guitar speaker, which one (celestion, eminence, blagdog?) or a high quality Hifi speaker should be better ? is it ok for the electric output to put a upper 15 watt speaker if the 8 ohm still respeted? thanks for your answers. regards