G-DEC review by Fender

Fender: G-DEC

Purchased from: ordered

I play a Fender telecaster and I'm not too happy with my actual guitar which has a softer sound (I'm hoping to get a '61 Gibson SG Reissue). But the actual G-DEC is great. The distortion is clean and you can even set it on an overdrive so you can play those fast metal solos high up on the neck and get a clean, loud sound. I play anything from Elliot Smith to Hawthorne Heights with my G-DEC and it takes a bit of tweaking, but the range of sound you can get from such a small amp is awesome.

I play a wide variety of music and I'm definately happy with the range that the G-DEC allows you to have. I've been playing the guitar for about 2 years now, but this is the only amp I own. If this amp was stolen, I'd definately buy it again (or just find the person who took it and save myself some money). My favorite feature is the headphone jack. Lame, I know, but it's useful when I'm playing late at night so I don't bother anyone. But this is a great little amp and it packs in a lot of power. I'd definately recommend this to guitar players, professional or beginner.

I can't say I'm 100% happy with the quality of the amp. The first time I ordered a G-DEC, the volume knob broke in a matter of 1 or 2 weeks. The one I have now sometimes screws up when I'm changing something like the drumbeats & the tempo or just changing from a preset tone to preset tone. It's a little irritating, but it comes with a 5-year warranty which I believe people are going to need if they order it online and have it delivered in such conditions (such as a truck with workers and UPS people Who couldn't care less if your amp broke or not).

The G-DEC is still relatively new, I guess. It has a ton of different special effects to change the sound of the guitar. Anything from blues and country to alternative and hardcore. I love this amp because it's so versatile. It has lots of features even drum beats and a tuner built into it. You can even record whatever you play (only 14 seconds though) so that you can play something like a lead ride over a rhythm track you recorded. It comes with two input jacks so you can play with a friend on the same amp or you can use the second input jack (like I do) and hook up your iPod or mp3 and play along with a song (The cord you need to hook up your mp3 to your amp isn't included with the amp). It also has a headphone jack so you can hook up your headphones to the amp and not bother your neighbors (or your mom). It even has a strap so you can carry it around easily. It also comes with 50 preset tones and drumbeats.

THE JEWISH AFRO
    ^You know somebody that plays Green Day doesn't know much about amps, muchless music in general. Don't listen to him this little amp is amazing!