G-DEC review by Fender

Fender: G-DEC

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

I am using this amp to play anything I want, because it can do it! Sure, it's digital and won't sound as authenic as the real tones form those amps, but you get so much variety in one package, you can play any style! it is not noisy naturally, as you can conrol the compressor gate or feedback using the interface buttons on the front of the amp. If you want it to be clean, either use a clean preset, such as 01-Chicago Blues, or make your own preset and save it! You can name the presets different things by using the interface also. This amp is capable of going to the Earth's core and reaching into space because of it's versatility.

I play all styles of music, but the style I play most is heavy metal. This amp is a good match for heavy metal, let alone any style of music. I have been playing for 2 years now and this is a very useful piece of equipment. This is a near-perfect amplifier, and if it were stolen, I would either get another, or, get it's big brother, the G-DEC 30, as it has a 10" speaker, more presets, and 30W of power. I chose this amp as it could do anything I wanted it to, and it does. I highly recommend this amplifier to players of any kind of music.

For a Live show, you couldn't depend on it, unless you had backup. I, however use this as a practice amp, as it is 15W. You can, however, hook it to a speker/other amp because of it's 2 input jacks. This is a very dependable amp, as it has never given me any problems. However, if you do experience problems with it, either ship it to a Fender repair shop, as it is so sensitive, being digital and all, or a very experienced repairman Who has already repaired one of these.

The G-DEC (Guitar Digital Entertainment Center) is the most versatle amp I have ever played without pedals, and amp head or any external effects. It features a MIDI in/out, audio in/out, a headphone jack, 2 inputs, 15W, an 8" speaker, 49 tone presets, amp tones, an internal MIDI synthezizer, drum and bass loops, a metronome, a tuner, and a phrase sampler, there's really not much you can't do with this amplifier.

Wolven
    I played one of these at a local shop and it was cool, the drum patterns are a definate plus, but i think im gonna go for the Spider 3... mmm... Line 6...
    messypunk
    i just got one of these !!!..its so good nd has soo many effects that i ddnt kno where 2 begin with!!
    zippyfloon92
    i have one they are cool. helpful for song writing so u can plan things out with the drum loops and bass lines. practise amp only though no way u can gig with it, though i lent it to my friend and he recorded his bands entire new album on it, so it must b ok in a studio enviroment. pick one up thay are nice.
    Sadistic sponge
    I use one for my dorm. Quite a versatile amp. No, it doesn't sound absolutely amazing, but it is still the best thing on the market for bedroom jamming. Don't expect anything special for gigging though. You need a bigger amp for that.