G-DEC review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Fender: G-DEC

Purchased from: a friend

Simply put, all tone knobs on my guitar are always up, as well as the Amps' tone. However, my volume remained low on this Amp, and it still didn't take the noise. It suits 50 different music styles, from death metal, funk, disco (yes, I know), surf guitar etc. This amp comes with some truly nice effects, but can't power those effects. The amp also comes complimentary with lots o' distortion just for you. Even the cleanest channel (Funk Rhythm) had some major Feedback and distortion. And believe me, I tried several Input cables just to come to the conclusion that this amp is chock fulla confusion and some anger. Did I mention it's volume can't be higher than 4?

I'm a rock/blues kinda guy, and I can already tell you this did suit my bluesy style. I've only been playing for about 6 months, and I could tell you this thing may be good for quiet practice on a Saturday night, but that's about it. I wish I asked for a Marshall something-rather. However, I do love the many playing styles, as this could fit all (or nearly all) of your musical desires. Once again, that said, you couldn't turn this guitar up to eleven even if you were a sorcerer! It's destruction is inevitable.

Don't depend on this Amp for anything, except your daughters' next guitar party. Granted, it's a sweet sounding (although often frustrating) Amp that does come with 50 different presets, it blows out after a few months use (irregularly), and 300 dollars of servicing. Please people, you can do much better than this. I wouldn't use this thing anywhere except the privacy of my own home, and even that is embarrassing when the wife, mother, whoever you Live with has friends over that hear some small faint noise. Either that's you crying from the money wasted, or the Immigrant Songs' faint bass line.

Although I'm not exactly sure on most of the Specs of the G-DEC, I can say a few things about this Amplifier and it's features. It has 50 channels, a few effects, and a 2 headphone jacks. It comes with the ability to play drums and bass, however it only plays a certain song. On the setting "Hammer o' Gods", the drums and bass match only one song. The Immigrant Song, by Led Zeppelin. Now believe me, I love Zeppelin. But I want to be able to control these bass riffs that keep messing my playing up. After fiddling with the Amps' controls, I found (after a very frustrating hour) the bass cannot be turned off. This Amps' power is absolutely pitiful. After playing a funky little blues riff, Mr. G-DEC decided to blow out at volume level 5.

dannyboy1992
    its a brilliant amp for just jamming with yourself, especially if you change around the tempo and key. its not really loud though so no gigging unless you plug it in through the PA system which is what i did but a brilliant amp not just for begginers most people who want to improve shoudl definetly buy this amp and just sit there for hours jamming with the different backing tracks