G-DEC review by Fender

Fender: G-DEC

Purchased from: Music City

I used my 2005 Squier Stratocaster with 3 humbucket pickups. The amp fits my music style perfectly and my styles are blues, rock, metal and punk. The amp can be noisy or it can be quiet because there is a noise gate in it which blocks the excess hum from you guitar and interference around the amp. The amp has many effects like fuzz, wah-wah, overdrive, and none for an acoustic sound. There are more effects but I rather let you find 'em. It also has different amp sounds for more variety of sound. The clean channel is still clean at high volumes. The distortion setting is adjustible by decimal nubmers like 7.5 or 10.0. I contains Drum and bass loops as well. Some genre settings will contain a piano or other instruments.

Overall, this amp is good for all genre and fits my style perfectly. If someone stole my amp I would be pissed off at them and I would track them down. I would replace it because it's a sweet amp. I 100 percent love this amp. Worth the money indeed. I love to play with the distortion. compared to the Fender 15g amp it beat it 20-3. Buy this amp you'll thank me later. Eric Johnson likes this amp too.

I can depend on it as I do with a Marshall amp. I depend on Marshall and Fender amps. It is not for use in a gig but it is good for home use and small areas. The amp has never ever broken down on me and for this I give Fender a high five for this.

The amp was made in 2005. The GDEC has thousands combos for many styles like; rock, metal, punk, country, ragae, pop, and even hip-hop. It has one channel and contains effect loops and has a headphone jack that instantly mutes the amp's speaker when you plug your headphones in. There's nothing in my mind that it would need except for midi to usb cables which is not sold with the amp. Please Fender include these cables next time! There are no features I will never use. I use this amp at home or at a friends house. This amp is really loud. It has a lot of power (or balls if you prefer). This amp doesn't use tubes.

KY_GuitarMan
    I picked up one of these to put by my recliner just to have fun and jam on. It's really a nice little amp. It's just for fun or perfect for a beginner trying to learn. Nice wide range of sounds to experiment with. Enough built-in backtracks to get in some good practice. It's just a toy but it's a fun toy.
    White Devil
    Got one of these and I've got to agree that its perfect for jamming around with and improving your style Not a gig amp but still a good one
    A-Ro
    I plan on getting the G-Dec 30. I played around with it at the local store today and was very impressed. The sound, IMO, was good enough to even gig with (the 30 has the nice line out).
    fluffed
    The G-Dec 30 is not worth its price. It has good volume, but the tone wasn't what I thought I was buying. After a few weeks I realized the effects were also of a low quality and I was much better off getting a pedal for each effect I wanted. For the price I would recommend the cube-30 before the G-Dec. The G-Dec did not give me the crunch I wanted.
    tom_martin_123
    you can get a 30w version wich is better for annoying your parents if ur 15 years old and cant play guitar for s**t, like me reli
    Multiplayerjon
    SchecterC-1+Man wrote: I have one of these. got it for christmas in '05. I want a new one, but i havent found a good one yet. It really is a good practice amp, like jondy said, it probably wouldn't be so great performing live but its great just to screw around with. Oh, it also works with basses.
    There is a New G-dec 30 out there it's better
    ap47
    ive got the new g-dec 30 and its a great practice amp it has tons of accesiories and fx i love it i use it at home with my american standard tele and they both sound great
    CoventryEngland
    THE JEWISH AFRO wrote: ^You know somebody that plays Green Day doesn't know much about amps, muchless music in general. Don't listen to him this little amp is amazing!
    too true, green day sucks. emo!!!