G-DEC review by Fender

Fender: G-DEC

Purchased from: Sweetwater

I am using an Ibanez ARC300 with dual humbuckers on this amp. It sounds pretty good with clean tones. Cranking the amp and heavy overdrive and the amp sounds bad, this amp sounds way better at lower volumes. Also has a tendacy to be kinda of noisy however there in a built in noise gate feature that can elimate this, however you sacrifice tone. Pretty much any genre except metal can be achieved with this amp. Amp does not handle distortion or high volumes well. With over 100 presets and countless effects the tone possibilties are endless and will have you fiddling for hours and hours. This amp is best for clean tones with delay, chorus, wah, even some fuzz. Does not handle distortion well.

I play mainly classic rock and a lot of clean playing for over 6 years now so this amp is great for me. There are some times I wanna get heavy tho and this amp just doesn't handle gain and distortion well. I think I should have researched and played some amps tho before buying this one. I really would like a nice tube amp, however for a practice amp you can't really go wrong here. Its got every practice feature you could want in an amp and plenty of volume. Love this amp for its versatility and practice capabilities. I hate this amp because of its inablility to handle heavy gain and distortion. Also do not like the fact there are no analog EQ controls, on a tone knob adjust treble. Overall this is a very nice practice amp, maybe not for metal or hardrock players tho. Doesn't quite get there in that department. Only real thing I would recommend this amp for is versitily and practice, gigging is possible however you can find better tone for your money.

Amp is very solidly built. Have had it for over 2 years now and it has held up very nicely under heavy use. Still looks brand new and I have never had a problem with it dispite all the electronic components in this one. This amp is very reliable so far. Only thing I had go wrong with this amp is the foot pedal I purchased with it. A Switch on the pedal broke. However I sent it back and they sent me a brand new one.

This thing is Jam packed full of onboard effects and presets. There are 50 presets of famous tones and 50 editable presets to choose from. Built in metronome and drum loops are great help with timing when practicing. Can pretty much play any style with this amp. Although as with most fenders this has a way better clean tone than distorted. Also has MIDI accompanyment that can be edited on a computer with a MIDI cable. I bought the pedal for this amp. Alows you to Switch between presets, record loop, playback look and overdub, also activates drum loops at touch of a footswitch, was 70.00 USD. I use this amp mainly for bedroom practice and the 30 watts is plenty loud, even too loud at times. Great practice amp.