G-DEC review by Fender

Fender: G-DEC

Purchased from: Mom's Music

This amp has tons of brutal sounds, it's like 100 guitar effects in one! It has fuzz, wah, delay, vibrato, tremolo, and more! It also comes with a few different amp settings so you can set up just the way you like it! If you want to sound like the Stones, change the amp to British 2, pop on the fuzz, and play that Satisfaction! No matter what style you play, it has the sound for you. You can even make your electric guitar sound like an acoustic! You can also change what the environment sounds like! So if you're in your room and want to play in say... a large hall, it has a set for that! It has nearly every sound out there. It gives you 50 different channels to set your own sounds on. I have many different ones such as one for my standard metal like Judas Priest and Black Sabbath, I have one for Stevie Ray Vaughan, and also for Joe Satriani stuff. The amp also comes with 50 preset channels that have a range of genre styles. It's got a few for each style. Rock, Metal, Jazz, Blues, Bluegrass, Surf Rock, and even a few preset guitarists like Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, and Pink Floyd. You get clean enough to pick Chet Atkins, and distorted enough to shred Dethklok. That's what makes this an awesome amp to have.

Without this amp, I would not be as good as I am today. It has introduced me into so much. It's a great amp to learn with. I've been playing for 7 years, and this amp has most of those years really easy. When I learn a new lick, I usually get on the amp and see how many different genre's/backing tracks I can implement it on. The amp is a great way to get your rhythm down and to prepare playing with other people. I've played everything on this amp from blues and country to metal and malmsteen, this amp can and will provide the sound and quality you want. This is an amp that I recommend as a must have for those guitarist who have been playing a year or two. It's one that will help you step up your game greatly. The only thing that I dislike about it is that if you want to change sounds in the middle of a song, it's not like a pedal where you can keep playing and you kick a knob. It has a knob that you turn which surfs through your channels. That's the only real flaw I can find with it, everything else was beautifully designed. I wish it would have a speed trainer with it though. That would top the icing. A metronome that slowly goes up in tempo which allows you to slowly but surely get your licks faster and proficient. This amp to me is a one of a kind. It's like so many selections in one. If I had a kid who wanted to learn to play guitar, I would definitely buy him this.

I already rely heavilly on this amp as it's the only one I currently have. I have used it for about 2-4 years now and it's running just fine. The amp comes with a strap so that way it's easier to carry and that also lessens the worry of dropping it on accident. This is currently my main amp and I'm proud to use it. The only problem I've ever had with it was when I was playing one night during a thunderstorm, the power went out and it deleted all my saved channels I had, but then again, I can sorta blame myself for that one! Besides that, I have had 0 problems with this amp.

If you want an amp that's a like a band in a box, then this is the amp for you. It features tons of cool backing tracks that range from many different types of genres. You can edit to where you only hear the drums, change the tempo, and the key as well! It's great for those who want to learn to play with others, cause it's like a whole band is already with you. Although with all the neat tracks it has, all the different sounds, it does not let you create your own custom tracks. Which is sad. =( It has 5 ports: 2 input ports, a headphone port, Midi In/Out port, and an Aux In port. It also has 15 watts, an 8" speaker, a tuner, and an small LED screen. I think that they could've done better with the amp though. It seems it was made with a new generation type feel, but yet it doesn't have a USB port. This would have topped it off for me. The amp has a lot of power for small concerts. I've used it only in small buildings with crowds up to 500 people. If you are looking for more power with it though, I'd suggest buying some bigger speakers. =P

v-rod37
    changed the speaker to alpha 8a what a difference the original speaker was junk. you have to take your time to change channels fender had lots of problems with the switch even slow sometimes it is random on how it changes. still fun to play with better than beating on a tin can with your foot
    Necrolysis
    tom_martin_123 wrote: you can get a 30w version wich is better for annoying your parents if ur 15 years old and cant play guitar for s**t, like me reli
    +1 at least he's being honest.
    MaggaraMarine
    Guitar_Jester wrote: Everyone who's saying this amp is awesome never played any good amps. I've got a Marshall JCM800. It destroys the G-DEC.
    OK but how much does JCM cost? Over $1000. This amp is like $300 so no wonder JCM sounds better because if it didn't it would be waste of money to buy a JCM.
    david1707
    Great practice amp. I have nothing but fun with this thing, that is until one of my kids plugged it into 220 volts. But wait....nothing but 50 cent fuse blown, way to go Fender. I have the 15 watt model and yes, the sound is a bit weak. You can make it sound ALOT better by taking the back off of it. A friend of mines son has the 15w Roland cube. I think the Cube sounds better and is quicker to adjust but really isn't the awesome practice tool that the Gdec is. Bottom line. If you are going to be playing live, get a real amp and effects pedals. If you are just playing for yourself in the basement it's a great amp. It really makes practicing more fun.
    I_CanHazGuitar?
    While searching for a new practice amp, I had decided that I was going to buy the Peavey Vypyr 15. That was until I tried this amp out. I was amazed at the tones I could get from this amp and immediately decided that this one was superior. One the factors that helped me with my decision was the lack of static while playing guitars. The best part is that the store I shop at has the G-DEC 3 Fifteen going for $100.
    youngalistai
    G-DEC 520 bought this off e-bay ok it was an earlier one! but god this amp is so awful it resembles a large chinese radio and is the weight of a packet up a cornflakes box (health and safty ?)in facy it does seem like someone has put a bunch of printed circuits into a ceral box and painted it black and its that crap! 1. none of the knobs configure properly and takes slow quiet patience to click from one effect to another otherwise it will take you to some other effect 2.some effects are v.loud and others v. quiet and no matter how many times i try to change them and store them this has no effect. drums and backing are cheesy 1970s working mens club or magic show! drums 3. the speaker that was made out of Chinese tissue paper continually distorts and cabinet vibrates and seems to have a new vibration noise every month .....so what's good about it! well some of the effects on it are good and if there was some way of bypassing the whole cabinet and just using the effects it would be ok the heavy rock effects are poor but some of the quiet acoustic guitar effects are rather lovely .....im too scared to sell it as whoever comes will realise straight away that the knobs just dont work properly .....total crap!