G-DEC Junior review by Fender

Fender: G-DEC Junior

Price paid: C$ 150

Purchased from: Steve's Music Store

I'm only been like playin for about a year and a haft, so I don't have that good of a guitar. I have a Squier Stratocaster, and I'm gonna buy a Boss DS1 distortion pedal cuz, there are some songs that this amps distortion couldn't really cut it. Some NIrvana, songs sound a little wierd when you play it in this amp its distortions alright, but it could be a little better. In some of the settings, particularly the distorted ones, it kinda makes a buzzing sound, you can't hear it when ur playing, but when ur not, it just makes that buzzing sound. When in the clean settings, there is absoulutly any unwanted sound at all. Well, Fender is known for having a clear clean sound.

I play Punk, heavy metal, classic rock, alternative, some blues, a litle jazz, ska, reggae stuff like that. I, ve been playing for a year and a haft, I lied to my friends and told em I was playin for about 3 years and they actually belived me. I have a mall Marshall MS2, and I'm buyin a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal like I said before. I was gonna buy a 30w Orange Crush, but I noticed this amp because of all its featres. I love how this thing has so many features but not too much. The G-DEC has like millions of eem. The only thing I hate about this thing is that there are some songs the distortion of this amp can't really make it. I wish it had more of an AC/DC distortion sound. if this thing were stolen, I wouldn't buy it again. The only reason for that is that I'd save up for the G-DEC, so I can actually use it at gigs. But I'd buy it again for a practise amp. I love this amp, but it could be better. For the price, it's definetly worth it.

This thing is built like a tank. it has never broken down on me. it comes with a 5 year warranty, so if it does break down, they'll just give you a new one. But the chances of it breaking down is 1 out of a million. I wouoldn't really use this on a gig, because it's not that loud, in like a big room, but if ur like in ur room and you put it to max, you'd probably break all the windows in that room.

I'm not really sure when this amp was made, but it was probably recent, about a year or two, somethin like that. It's a practice amp, at most, 15 w. This thing is like a smaller, simplified version of its faather, G-DEC. As an average amp, it has a gain and a tone panel. It's like 16 amps made into one. You can put it to Fender Hot Rod tone, acoustasonic tone, jazz king tone, tweed champ and bassman tone, blackface tone, and like four different british syle amps and 2 that's based on heavy metal amps. It has lik 15 effects: 4 reverb, 2 flange, 2 tremolo, bypass, 3 delays, and 4 chorus. this thoing has like so many features, but not as much as G-DEC. It's like the perfect begginer amp, and it's actuaaly fun to lay with. it has it's own band in it (bass and drum beats) so it's actually fun to like just play a random son with the beat of drums and like a bass backing you up. It's a solid state, but it can kinda make a sound just like a tube amp would.