G-DEC Junior review by Fender

Fender: G-DEC Junior

Purchased from: Local Music Store

The amp can get very loud for a 15 watt amp. I use my Goldtop Epi Les Paul with it, my Hollow-body, and my 12 string. One of my favorite settings is the acoustic choice on the "amp select." It creates a beautiful acoustic sound and tone, and when the amp and the guitar are turned all the way up, it sounds very nice. The amp can make almost any sound imagined, although it is hard to get a very loud very clean sound out of it, due to the fact, that other than the acoustic choice, there is no "clean" choice.

AS I said above, I play many genres, and the amp fits most of them. It is a very versatile amp. I do not have much money, due to the fact I live with my parents and I am to young to get a job, and for 150 bucks, this was a very good buy for a new Fender amp. It is a dulled down version of a Fender G-DEC amp. I don't wish it had anything, except for 2 inputs, and a distortion and a clean setting. If I lost it, I would probably buy another one, due to the price tag.

It is a practice amp, so I use it in my room and around the house, but if I did gig with it, which would be rare, it would make a very nice backup amp if the settings were already preset. I play ina small room, where I have the amp resting on the floor, and I use it as a footrest, so far, it is a very durable amp.

This is a very versatile amp. Before I purchased the amp, I read many reviews and opinions, and many people seemed to insult the G-DEC Junior. I play many styles of music, including classic rock, hard rock (i.e. Year Long Disaster), acoustic rock, indie, alternative, rock, and blues. The FX select is a little strange, the effects aren't good as pedals, but that's a given, yet they sound very good. I also do not use the midi input. One of the very nice qualities, is a direct headphone jack on the back of the amp.