G-DEC Junior review by Fender

Fender: G-DEC Junior

Price paid: C$ 300

Purchased from: Tom Lee Canada

I'm using a Squier Affinity Strat with two pickups and a humbucker in the back. I play Zakk Wylde/Randy Rhoads Style metal, and my guitar + this amp = excellent. It can get a little noisy on the more overdriven effect selections. With this amp you can model your sound after the pros with extreme precision. The clean channels are much louder than the overdriven/distorted channels, but it sounds great. The distortion is insane. It has several distortion channels, and I would compare it to the likes of the Orange amps, or Krank amps.

Overall Impression? Incredible. this is perfect for the guitarist on the go. It practically eliminates the need for pedals. I've been playing for about a year, and the only gear I own is this amp and a tuner, and a Squier Affinity Strat. If this amp were stolen, I'd lose my mind. Good thing it's insured haha. Overall. perfect.

This amp is incredibly durable. However, there have been a few problems with it, but those were my fault (dropping it, overall though, this amp has survived with me to keep me rocking. you can definitely depend on this amp).

When I bought this amp last year, I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of it. This amp was new when I purchased it, and I was blown away by the versatility. I play metal. Zakk Wylde stuff. I don't have any pedals, so I've had to make do with this little 15w amp. It has a gain dial, volume, tone (very helpful for getting a 'tubey' kind of a tone) amp select (which allows for distortion, classic british rock, and an emulation of some old fender amps, like the Hot Rod, Blackface, and Tweed amps) it has beautiful clean channels, as well as the distortion. the distortion is incredible. There are several types of distortion, and this amp has all of them. I use a really crunchy setting. It has one headphone jack in the bac, as well as a midi input, and auxiliary input. I use this as a practice amp, as well as when I'm in a pinch for equipment. This amp is incredible, and it's loud. it can cut through drums, vocals and bass when turned up high enough. it's got a built-in metronome, drum and bass tracks, a tuner, and it's lightweight. I also has reverb, chorus, flange, tremolo, and delay.

June 95
    wow i got this exact amp for $115 altho i was looking for a microcube but im glad i went with this!!!