G-DEC Junior review by Fender

Fender: G-DEC Junior

Purchased from: Brickhouse Music

It has a nice clean sound on Acoustic settings, the distorted tones aren't bad but I sometimes have a hard time getting a sound I like on the Metal tones. Also when it's on Metal settings I get humming when I'm not playing, its gone when I am playing though. Not a very loud amp, good for practicing in my bedroom and playing for a few people but not much else. I have a DigiTech RP255 foot pedal that I don't use with this amp because I can't get a good sound from it when I play Metal.

I play a Jackson PS-4 Performer and I play mostly metal, Classic Rock, Hendrix-like psychedelic, stuff like that. I've been playing for 5 years. I'm satisfied with this amp for practicing alone or playing for a few people. If it were stolen I'd buy it again if I felt the need to have a practice amp. I use this amp every day or two when I'm practicing and not using other equipment. Overall it's a nice amp and a worthy buy at $180 if your looking for something to practice on.

The body of it is built like a brick, I can carry it around and trust it not to break, but I do worry about the plastic knobs, they seem like they would break something hit them relatively hard. I've owned it for about 2 years and haven't had any problems with it. It has a 5 year warranty but I don't think I'd ever need to replace it. I used to lay it down in the back seat of my car and Drive it back and forth to a band members house on country roads on a regular basis and it has never been damaged from that. I would use it on a gig without a backup if it were louder, I don't gig with it.

Very nice for a practice amp. Lots of different tones: Acoustic, Heavy Metal, Tweed, Jazz, Hot Rod. Each of those has a couple different variations of the tone. It has a drum beat setting with 15 different beats as well as bass setting for a rhythm to play alone with, and you can adjust the tempo of them between 30 and 240. It also has headphone, AUX IN, and MIDI IN.

VeNgeaNce_4444
    My fender bullet 150 died so they're gonna send me this one as a replacment. looks good so far....