G-DEC Junior review by Fender

Fender: G-DEC Junior

Price paid: C$ 150

Purchased from: Axe Music Edmonton

I use a 2006 Fender Stratocaster with this amp and it suits my music very well. I play songs like (one intro solo, limelight, seek and destroy)and the metal or hotrod tome fits very well with reverb. On high distortion when you are not playing it does have some fuzz and/or buzzing. I play it in my basement and I play it on usually the 3/10 volume, but when the parents are not home I can crank it up without worrying about the sound becoming to distorted by the volume.

I have been playing for about a year so I am fairly new. When I bought this amp I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was between the Line 6 spider micro and this. My cousin had recommended the line 6, but went I got to axe music the person said I should look at this amp instead because it was a higher wattage and apparently better sound quality. He didn't lie its a good amp, but could use a few more features.

This amp is built to last. Its never broken and odds of it doing so are VERY low. I comes with a 5 year warranty as well, so if you drop it down the stairs or something else catastrophic happens (which this tank could probably survive anyway) Fender will give you a new one. I would not use it in a gig because in a large room its not loud enough, but in a small space like my basement its good.

I bought this amp about a year ago right when I first started playing guitar. It was a great amp for the price and I still use it to this day. It has a Hot Rod tone, jazz tone, Acoustic tone, tweed and bassman tone, black face tone, british settings on it. In the FX settings it has Reverb, Flange, Tremolo, delay, Chorus, and a bypass setting. There are a few fetures that I never use, like the jazz setting, Acoustic and the tremolo/flange FX. Usually I stick to hotrod or metal w/reverb or Chorus. In other words its a good starter amp but could use more features.