G-DEC Junior review by Fender

Fender: G-DEC Junior

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

I am using it with a Squier HSS strat and it sounds good enough most of the time. All the different amp styles sound unique. The Acoustic amp style is great and all the others are pretty okay. The distortion ones such as the hot rod and metal ones sound good as well. However they sound fairly generic and you can't really adjust it to your liking because of the lack of trebel, middle and bass knobs. There is no real clean channel as you have to use one of the amp styles so that is a huge downside. I use a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal and it fails because of the lack of clean channel. The effects are okay but a pedal would be better.

I play punk and alternative rock and this amp is alright. There are better options but this one will get the job done. I wish it had basic options instead of the features I never use like the backing track.

The amp seems strong and durable and has never broke on me. I don't see it breaking anytime soon.

This amp seems to be full of features (different amp settings, effects etc) but it wasn't what I was looking for. It lacks the basic controls such as trebel, middle and bass knobs and the there is no way to get a real clean channel because you have to use the amp settings. In the end, you get a bunch of features that's awesome, but you're missing some basic, essential ones.

rv_phoenix
    What you call "tones" coming from this so-caled amp are actually digital approximations of some other amps. It sounds like crap and it's unusable in any musical respect. It might suit, however, children in an orphanage or something like this. What a shame for Fender!!!