Hot Rod Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: Hot Rod Deluxe

Purchased from: Local Store

I use it with many different guitars ranging from a Standard Strat, to a Rickenbacker 360 6 string. This amp suits my music style to a 'T'. It is capable of pulling off the bright sounds of country all the way to the grungy sounds of neil young. It's noisy with my holobodys, it doesn't do them any justice in the feedback department heh, but thats basically normal. This amp can make the nice clean sound of old Nashville Country Recordings, and grungey rock sounds of '90s. The clean channel is nice in that it breaks up around 6-7. I figure if you buy a Fender amp your not buying it for its distortion, but they indeed have a respectable channel, although I'm not found of the more drive.

This is a good match for my style of music, and it must be for other peoples to or else it wouldnt be the best selling tube amp ever. I've been playing for 4 years now, and I own lots of gear. When I bought this product I wish I would have asked for a free service check. If it were stolen I would buy it again, but I would probably try to find a different color besides the standard black tolex, maybe the blond or the white. I love the look, and I hate the more drive channel. I didn't compare it with any other products, usually when I have my eyes set on a certain peice of equipment I don't focus on anothing except that peice of equipment. I wish it would have came with that Fender reverb tank upgrade, for free heh.

I can depend on this amp. If I was playing a gig though I would always be sure to bring extra tubes, this goes the same for every amp though. As of yet this amp has not broken down, and doesn't look like its going to in the near future.

Here we have a 2004 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. This amp will play just about anything, and for the moment it seems versatile enough for my needs. I play rock, blues, and country. The Hot Rod Deluxe comes with 2 channels the clean and the drive channel each with their own seperate boosts (bright, and more drive respectivly). A footswitch was included with the amp and it allows for fast and easy channel switching. There is an input for effect loops. I like my amps plain so basically there isnt many features that I wish it had, I guess if I had to choose one though maybe have another channel for say a crunch sound. I hardly ever use the more drive channel option as I dont like to hear my guitars through it. I use this amp for everything for 40 watts tube this puppy can really bark.