Hot Rod Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: Hot Rod Deluxe

I am runing a Ibanez RG1570 through this amp and with the single coil, the clean sound is great. For distortion I use Boss DS-1 and with the bridge pickup you can get really good metal sound. I mostly play classic rock, hard rock, blues and some virtuoso stuff like Satriani and Vai. It is perfect for blues like SRV and Clapton. The distortion is like I said before weak, so if you only want to play metal - wrong amp. I like the reverb on it and I usualy set it on 4 and the presence on 9.

It is quite a good match for the styles I play, but again the distortion is its weeknes. I have been playing for 7 years and I use it with RG1570, Boss DS-1 and a Vox V847 Wah-Wah pedal. I really love the clean chanel on it, because it is just so clean. The reverb is also a food feature, but I don't use any other features. The only thing I wish it had was a bit more gain and it would perfect, but it is still very good the way it is.

It is very reliable amp, I haven't giged with it, but I would not hink twice of doing it. I have had a blown tube on it, but that was completly my fault. Looks hard as a rock.

This amp was made in 2005 and it is a 40W all tube amplifier. It has 3 chanels: the clean chanel, which is absolutely fantastic. Really good Fender clean tones. The second chanel is drive. It is not good for anything heavyer than blues, so and overdrive or distortion pedal is really welcome wiht this amp. The third chanel is called more drive, but it still is not enough for and metal or hard rock. It has an effects loop, but I dont use it so I really can not tell the quality of it. It is 40 watts in a 12" speaker which is plenty of loudnes for band practice or even for a small gig.