Hot Rod Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: Hot Rod Deluxe

Purchased from: Dave

Right now I use a Squier Strat, but that is way past it's prime (well I guess it's prime didnt really exist) so I actually have a Gibson SG with Seymor Duncan '57 classics in on the way right now. I've played that out of my amp plenty of times though and it's just the most beautiful sound ever. I can really get any tones I want and have never encountered a bad sound except for when I've tried to use the amp's distortion. Beautiful sound.

Love it! I would play off of this amp anyday. I really didn't think I was getting all that I thought I should when I bought this and it totally proved me wrong! I can do more with this amp then ever anticipated! If this were lost/stolen I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

This amp is very reliable and built to last. Fender is a realiable brand, and this thing has been through alot and is still holding up fine. I've never blown a tube or even damaged any parts. I use it right though and always do correct switches and such.

This is a 2005 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. It is a 3 channel, 40 watt, tube amp. It has a absolutely beautitul clean channel, a decent overdrive channel, and a kind of crappy "even more" overdrive channel. I play through a Boss DS-1 though into this. I love the clean sound and all the sounds I get from all my pedals. I play mostly hard rock, blues, and a little metal. It really fits all my styles and I just get a really big, solid sound out of it all the time. It has an effects loop that I have tried but I dont ever use. I use this amp for practicing, playing with the band, and I've gigged with it before and plan to again.