Hot Rod Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: Hot Rod Deluxe

I'm using a Gibson SG Standard through this amp and it sounds great. The reverb is amazing along with the clean channel. The clean channle is perfect the only problem is the overdrive. Its not completly horrible it just delivers a very muddy overdrive so I would suggest getting a pedal for it. Even with no pedal this thing can still rock making a good classic rock tone but I still highly recommend. If your going for a heavy rock or heavy metal tone unless your planning on getting a pedal this amp is not the amp for you.

This thing stock can handle Zeppelin, Hendrix, Beatles, and stones tunes great. The only thing I can compare it to is my old marshal and so far its far more reliable but the marshal did have a really good overdrive but once again this can all be fixed with a great pedal. The only thing complainable about this amp is the overdrive which isnt even that bad but again the clean is absolutley beatufil.

I haven't owned this amp for very long but its already outlasted my Marshal JCM2000 wich was constantly in the shop. It handles exelent at high volumes delivering a perfect tone at any volume, even though I havnt had the volume past 5. It's also very well made from what I can see and can take it's share of wear and tear.

This is a 2005 model Fender Hot Rod Delux 1x12 using groove tubes. It's got 2 channles clean and overdrive and a extra overdrive option that gives it a little extra boost. Comes with a pedal to switch from clean to overdive. The thing that really attracted me to it was the price 600 us really fit my budget. I only use this amp in my house now but I will soon be playing in small gigs and the 40 watts of all tube power is more than enough to make yourself hear. It's got chicken head knobs and the thing I really like about the amp is the knobs do not get hot after a while of playing like some amps do.

ArcherTheVMan
    js donnie is wasting that amp, using pedal distortion instead of the amazing overdriven tones the amp naturally gives, and if your reading i'm not being an arse i really mean it, use an overdrive pedal instead so it will compliment the fantastic tone from that amp. the amp wasn't designed for metal like, but distortion pedal's sound so...cold.
    DaBlackE
    I used to have this amp, it is very loud! I had never turned the volume past 2! Great, great clean tone, great reverb. Wish the footswitch gave ya the option to turn off the reverb. I never thought of this as "metal amp" not without a EQ, BBE or a distortion/overdrive pedal. Great amp for that "Fender clean tone".