Hot Rod Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: Hot Rod Deluxe

I currently use this amp with a Gibson Studio LP with stock pickups, and a Schecter S1 Elite with some kind of Seymore Duncuns. I play a lot of blues, rock, and a wee bit of metal. For the first two mentioned, this amp is fantastic. They name suggests that this is a blues amp, and that's basically what it is. It puts out some of the best cleans I've heard, and the OD is perfect for creamy blues sound. If you play anything demanding high distortion, expect to be buying a pedal. I have a Line 6 PODXT Live, and when I play it throught this amp on the clean channel with distortion, it sounds great. the clean channel gets some break up above 5 or 6 volume, but this is louder then I'll ever use.

For my blues/blues rock style, this is my amp soul mate. I've been playing for almost 2 years now and own a Cordoba classical, a LP, a S1 Elite, and Squier, and a practice amp. This amp is my favorite piece of equipment asides from the LP. If it got lost or stolen, I'd probably buy a stack, but if I was rich I would get this again too. I wish it had a little bit better distortion, but for 600 dollars I'd say it's a damn good amp.

I would never gig without a backup, but if I was to this would be the amp to do it with. I've had it for over a year and the tubes still sound good as ever. I play 1-2 hours a day so it gets some major use.

This is a US made amp. It is 40 watts of tube power being channeled through a single 12" speaker. It uses 2 6L6 groove tubes (awesome) and 3 12AX7 tubes in the preamp. There are 3 channels: clean, drive, and more drive. It comes with a footswitch to go between the channels. This is a very cut and dry amp, with what you need and nothing you don't. It is loud enough for small gigs, and I've heard stories of it powering cabs. I personally just use it in my own home, and it can shake some walls.

Blakester
    Hey Fellow Guitar nuts..I just purchased a Hot Rod Deluxe..all I can say is WOW!! I have been playing my Antigua Strat through a Roland BC 60 with 3 10's for 10 years now, I love the tone of that amp but it started haveing shorting out issues, so I purchased the Deluxe..I am totally blown away at the clean Tone, I run my TS9 Tubescreamer with the over drive channel and get INCREDIBLE overdriven Hendrix,Ray Vaughn, Blackmore hard rock lead tone's..Running the clean channel with a compression sustain gives you a nice Gilmore and Nashville lead tones..THIS AMP ROCKS!! I used it at the SoulFest in NH..Held up wonderful and delivered great tone and awesome volume!!! GET ONE!!!!
    Nicko_Lps
    Hey guys youre writing tons of words but you all agree super! I play this with modded Epiphone Les Paul Slash the sound is awsome no pedals no effects no nothing Reverb on 2-8 natural bone-breakin'tube-y sound and a tip Celestion V30's fit this amp!