Hot Rod Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: Hot Rod Deluxe

Purchased from: music shop

I use an ESP EC-200QM with EMGs HZ-4s and can get an awesome tone with the clean and overdrive channels. I play mostly heavy rock, metal and a bit of alternative ie Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Nickelback, Velvet Revolver, Pantera, Stone Temple Pilots etc which in most cases the amps distortion doesn't get the high gain need but with my Boss MT-2 I can get killer metaltones that would rival the marshalls. But overall the amp is quite versatile especially with a high gain distortion pedal.

This is a good match for nearly all forms of rock and is a reasonably priced tube amp. You would only need a pedal if you wanted to play stuff with higher gain. If it was stolen or lost I would hunt down the guy that stole it and belt him into next week! and then buy another or a Mesa Boogie if I had the money! Compared to other amps of similar price this amp leaves them for dead with tone and versatility.

I have never had a problem with this amp and would depend on it in any situation (live, jam sessions or just bedroom practice) and would not even think about a back up. This amp has never broken down on me and I punish it at least 3-4 hours a day. This amp ways a ton and is built like a truck. The weight being the only downside.

I bought this amp last year and absoultly love it. It's 40 watt tube amp but is louder then any of my friends 100 watt marshalls. It has 3 channels clean, overdrive and more overdrive. a 3 band eq and presence and reverb. This amp is quiet versatile and is perfect for Live and jam situations.