Hot Rod Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: Hot Rod Deluxe

Purchased from: George's Music

I use it with a Fender Standard Stratocaster MIM with a SSS pickup style. It suits my bluesy/rock style very well. With my single coil pickups, this amp has some feedback, but this can be controlled. The clean channel sounds great even at high volumes, but the distortion is pretty weak for anything other than blues and rock. My Boss ME-50 Multieffect takes care of the harsher distortions needed for different genres.

This is a great match for any blues/rock player, but I strongly suggest matching this with some pedals or multieffect. I have been playing for 2 years now and own a Fender Standard Strat MIM and a Boss ME-50. This setup sounds great for what I play and I love the tones I can achieve with my setup. I love that this relatively small amp can pack such a big punch and deliver great tone.

I can depend on this amp for any gig/setting. This amp has never broken down. I have had this amp for about 5 months now with daily use, and the tubes have yet to need replacement. I haven't found any other defects with this amp and is has been as reliable as the day I bought it.

This amp by itself is not very versatile, but when combined with pedals and effects, it can produce wonderful tones for any genre. I mostly play blues which suits this amp well. This amp has a Drive and Clean channel and also another selector from drive to more drive. It has 2 inputs, preamp out, poweramp in jacks, but no headphone jack. I use this amp in my hosue and in practices with my band. It provides pleanty of power with its 40 tube watts.

jayson_ids
    I checked out the limited edition Texas Red version of this amp. On a mission to initially get a Vox AC30, I stumbled upon this amp. It destroys the Vox through and through! There's absolutely no comparision. The clean is amazing - reverb is freaking awesome - overdrive is cool. I'm a lead guitarist and I like my pedals - this amp accepts them great! I tried the regular Deluxe as well - also kills the Vox AC30. I tried the Vox AC30CC2X - supposedly the best sounding Vox to date. Take the Fender! It sounds better, weighs way less and its cheaper!
    SupImJimmy
    philfie wrote: i would eat a part of my self, then take a shit from eating myslf, then eat the shit, then shit out the shit i ate b4 then eat that shit jus to get this amp.i've found one for AUS$480
    I wonder if he knows he could just for a week or two? Anyway, I have one and the cleans sparkle. Very nice...
    towelho
    man i tried one of these and was blown away. beautiful clean sound. its got a nice crunch to it too. just chuck a good pedal in front of the clean channel and you're on your way