Hot Rod Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: Hot Rod Deluxe

Purchased from: Hollywood Music

This amp has a great array of sounds. I play blues, blues rock, Indie rock, rock and funk usually and it covers all these genres very well. The clean channel of this amp is my favourite bit. It makes classic Fender clean tones. The overdrive on this amp is good but not as nice as the clean channel so I use a pedal (HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive) for my blues tone. Setting the Drive to just under half on the Drive channel can get a good Strokes and Arctic Monkeys tone. On about three-quarters you can get a nice Led Zeppelin and Black Keys tone. Although it's a versatile amp it can not handle metal, but if your looking into this amp for metal you'd be better off looking at an Orange or a Blackstar! On the clean channel you can get a really nice John Mayer tone with the reverb. The amp has a lot of headroom to, it doesn't break up till its very loud so its gonna be great for gigging.

If it were to be stolen I would definitely buy another. Sounds equally great with a Les Paul, Stratocaster or Telecaster.

I've gigged it a few times now and used it at home daily for about a month and so far, no problems.

Made in Mexico, 40w, Fender Tube amp. The amp has 2 channels on which the overdrive channel has an extra gain stage. The channels are called 'Normal', 'Drive' and 'More Drive'. It's definitely a versatile amp and it takes pedals exceptionally well. Great for gigging, and its extremely loud! Has a great spring reverb, an effects loop and a sturdy foot switch. Also came with a nice cover that protects it from dust but if your gigging it heavily I recommend getting a flight case for protection. As for valves in the pre-amp it has 3 12AX7's and 2 6L6's in the power amp. It has a twelve inch Celestion speaker.

grungelive72
    I have this amp ad I love it. It's one of the best all-tube combo amps on the market. Fender has the best cleans ever next to vox. Put an OD pedal in front of the drive channel and you have all of the gain you will ever need. I replaced the speaker with a celestion vintage 30 and its amazing.