Hot Rod DeVille 212 review by Fender

Fender: Hot Rod DeVille 212

Purchased from: music corner whyalla

The amp is an effect lovers best freind, especially if your neighbour happens to be a homicidal maniac just waiting for a reason to kill you. I usually have it on about two because I happen to have a mother that is just like that homicidal maniac god bless her soul. The drum beats are good, but if you play around with the tempo and go to record a loop, it will suddenly skip at the end due to being out of time.My gothic g400 Epiphone handles it pretty well also.

I play metal and this thing handles it great. I also play blues and other styles, but mainly metal, and the drum loops really help with your speed and accuracy. This amp blows away my Drive 20 watt practice amp. If it were stolen I would contact the police just as any law abiding citizen would. I had been using this amp about a month before I bought it. In the shop you could pick up a guitar and play on it. This amp is perfect and can make any guitar sound great.

This is this beatiful amps downfall. When I said that it handles well quiet I meant at about 3 or 2. If you go to around 1 and a half, it skips and jitters from quiet to nothing. But it's great for loudness and that. The other problem is the knob that you use to change effects. As an impatient man on the go, I like to get everything set as quickly as possible. But when you go to turn something up, say the delay time, you are met with a wall of frustration and slowness. When you turn the knob too fast up it will start to go down. It is really quite annoying.

This amp was made in 2006 so it says on the box. This amp is the perfect practice amp with many a feature. It has almost every effect that exists on it and has many unique amplifier sounds such as modern or blackface. Although it looks small it is a loud amp, 50watts to be excact. There is also two inputs and a headphone input, so it makes for a very useful companion.

dio_dude
    This is weird. I posted this review under fender g dec, but I dont even know what a fender hot rod is. Anybody wanna fill me in?