Hot Rod DeVille 410 review by Fender

Fender: Hot Rod DeVille 410

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I am using 3 guitars on this amp, 1 a Fender American Deluxe Strat with the vintage noiseless pickups. It sounds great through the amp and creats a great tone. 2 is my early 80's Fender Japanease Telecaster with Vintage Seymore Duncan Tele pickups. This combo is amazing, the tele pickups greally get a great pop in leads and a smooth tone when playing rythem. My 3rd guitar that I play with is my Gibson Les Paul Studio, there is a great pop with the humbucker pick ups and it really shows the greatness of humbucker pickups. It is a perfect amp for blues and most classic rock, as well as soul and R&B. The amp is not noisey with the Strat and LP but it humms a lil with the tele when it is all the way up. But then again all amps usually hum a lil when the reverb is all the way up. There is a medium amount of virety but is all I need. The one thing I have found is the higher the volume the more I love it. With its 65 watts it can really cut through. This also sounds amazing when in low volume it although it does not creat such a pop. The distortion is not all that great but I would invest 30 dollars into a boss distortion pedel. The best part of the amp is the sound the Groove Tubes create with the 4 10 inch speakers.

Once again this is perfect for blues, soul, and classic rock. I own this, a Crate Vintage 30, a Fender Sidekick 25r, the Les Paul Studio, Fender American Deluxe Strat, the Japanease Tele with the Vintage pickups, A '67 Gibson Hummingbird, Baby Taylor, Martin DX1, and a bunch of classical acoustic guitars. I would deff buy this again if it was stolen or lost. I love the tone and sound. I am not that happy about the quality of the distortion but I can live with it. My favorite feature is the groove tubes, and the reverb. When I was buying this it was between this and a Marshall Half Stack, this is can be compared to any of the other amps in the 700 to 1200 dollar range. I may only be 65 watts but I am able to get through a big band (drums, harmonica, keybord, guitar, 4 horns with mics, bass, and singing). I love this amp and would recomend it to anyone it's deff worth the money. It is also a little on the heavy side so I could use wheels, I didn't get the wheels on mine but a friend did, it is only about 100 dollars to get the extra wheels.

I never bring anything else to a gig, I put all my trust into this amp. It has never broken down from neglect but after 5 years it needed new tubes and a new light (you know the one that shows you that power is on).

This amp is the perfect amp for the blues and classic rock I play. It has a great tone and sound. There are 2 channels and 2 sub channels. The first subchannel is drive which is great for some leads and chords. But when you need the extra kick press the pedal (which is included) for super overdrive. This can really cut trough and is great for leads. The channel switching can be done from the top of the amp or from the foot pedel. I wish the distortion was a little better considering the distortion is not great. But this amp has everything I need considering I am not a big user of effects. The reverb is also the best I have ever played with. It is probably beacuse of the 2 Fender Groove Tubes which are amazing. I use this amp for gigs, recording, and home practice. The tubes are what make this amp great.