Hot Rod DeVille 410 review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Fender: Hot Rod DeVille 410

The cleans are pretty nice, not quite as good as a Twin/Deluxe/Super/etc. But nice. The OD is crap unless you're going for a real trashy 90s grunge type sound IMO. Very buzzy, muddy, etc. I use a Les Paul, SG and Strat with it. It suits me decently for my styles. I tend to stay around Jazz/Blues and use a Zendrive for my OD tones. It can be quite noisy sometimes; it's very prone to RF interference. The cleans distort around halfway up for me. It sounds much nicer than the OD channel but still not great. The distortion is definitely not for teh br00t4lz.

I play Jazz and Blues. It does the Jazz part pretty good. It doesn't have any other tones I really like. I've been playing ~6 years. I own a bunch of nice pedals, some boutique, some Vintage and some nice guitars. I wish I would have asked how the distortion sounded. I would buy something else if it got stolen. A Deluxe if I stayed Fender or something like a Boogie or Splawn otherwise.

I absolutely cannot depend on it. It's broken 3 times on me. Once the reverb stopped working, once it got stuck on the OD channel and once it just stopped working completely. I always try to borrow an amp if I have to gig because I can't trust this amp in a gigging situation.

I bought this back in 04 or 05. It's definitely not versatile at all. The amp is not versatile at all. If you want an amp for distortion, look elsewhere. It's got 3 channels, Clean, Drive and More Drive. FX loop is non buffered and sucks tone. I wish it had a real effects loop, a decent OD channel and a less sensitive volume pot. I never use the OD channel or reverb. I gig with it and practice with it.

BlaketheHero
    This amp is mediocre at best. Would never purchase new. I bought a used one so I could have something small for school (I am a music student), but it is not really that small (definitely kind of a beast). It is heavy as hell; wheels or a portable dolly would be necessary. Cleans are good but not as sparkly and responsive as other better quality fenders. Bass response is pretty horrible and almost farty at times. The reverb is amazing. Tone controls are pretty responsive but it is difficult to make this amp do more than a few different things. Good for some styles of music, definitely not all. Would never buy again and would almost be happy is someone stole it because it would give me an excuse to buy a new amp. If you want a good sound and you want fender choose one of their other amps because they are all better than this one.
    Dadio59
    I have a 2001 4X10 use it with a Korg AX3000G best sounding amp for the money. I also own Blackheart BH100H with a 5150 Cab and a Fender FM 100 head with a Fender 2X12 cab. I find my self using the Deville more and more.....Buy It!!!!!
    OmarLopezRodrig
    this amp is the shit!this amp can battle any half stack and any other brand easyly.i use a fender hot rod deville 410 hooked up to an extra 412 cab with celestions(i highly recommend it sounds ammmmmaaaazing)and i use an sg custom with emgs hooked up to a fulltone ocd pedal,the sounds of this combination are awsome!!!!!crystal clean and really loud wich i love and when i need to play really heavy stuff the ocd is there ive never been a fan of pedals but the deville takes pedals better than 89% of other amps out there.i love this amp,this amp can seriously take any style of music you throw at it even heavy metal, youll need a good pedal though because the gain on the devilles suck!!at least i think so...i know this is not a marshall but i can make it sound like it with my ocd pedal so i can have the best of both worlds..fender clean and british distortion.
    sheriff_nein
    just bought a 4x10 used at guitar center (with a cover and footswitch) for $500 O.O it looks new, and sounds perfect. only thing i;ve found wrong with it is the pilot light was missing, an easy fix. a _great_ amp!